Serious Dandruff!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Threadhead

Reaction score
Hi experts!

I'm looking for a little advice for my 10 year old daughter, who has had the most awful dandruff for the last year or so. Its almost like cradle cap at some places. Have tried Head & Shoulders and T-gel. She has very long hair, almost waist length, which is in good condition. She is rinsing her hair properly when she washes it twice weekly.

I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious, so feel free to point it out! :)

Hi - are you sure it's dandruff? If it's more like cradle cap then massage some oil into it and leave over night - this should lift it (yeucky but it works!).

It could just be a sensitive scalp which is why the "medicated" shampoos aren't working. My daughter has a sensitive scalp which looks like she's got dandruff but it isn't. Try using different shampoos specifically for sensitive scalps and see if it helps. My daughter is nine and I've gone back to using a baby shampoo on her

Thanks for that.

On the oil front - should I use something like olive oil? I have plenty massage oils around too - skin truth, grapeseed oil, etc, if that would be better? And then to wash it out, i'd shampoo it dry before adding water?

Sorry for all the questions - I'll give the oil a try this weekend and change her shampoo - at the moment she is using t-gel.

Thanks again

hello

i suffer from dandruff and i go to the gp for the shampoo its called Nizoral shampoo ,its suitable for children too,it also treats other scalp conditions,its brilliant once the dandruf is under control the shampoo only needs to be used once or twice aweek! ive used this on my children and its much better than any cradlecap shampoo or any oils x

hello

i suffer from dandruff and i go to the gp for the shampoo its called Nizoral shampoo ,its suitable for children too,it also treats other scalp conditions,its brilliant once the dandruf is under control the shampoo only needs to be used once or twice aweek! ive used this on my children and its much better than any cradlecap shampoo or any oils x
you can also buy this in any chemist :) and it works really well ! my daughter is now 12 and has become a woman and her hair is soo much better now so it may be her age :hug:

Latest posts

Back