Setting up a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMB

Reaction score
I looked at a room last week - it is very nice, wooden flooring, dimmer lighting etc and also a separate nail room, all for £100 per week, which i think is a good price. I am now working out the cost of buying the necessities, i have most of them but i need a waxing trolley, facial products trolley and some storage i.e. cupborads, drawers etc and towles. Wondered if there are any websites or recommended places for cheapish salon furniture, have already looked at ellisons, beauty express etc. Also i really want this room - it is in a village which is quite an expensive area but im just wondering if it will pull off as it is not on a high street - any tips/ideas? greatly and urgently needed!! thanks. xx

Try Salonserve:hug:

House of Famuir too

Hi Salon direct :- Welcome to Salons Direct are dood but have you kooed at say Ikea for your storage they do really practicle and cheap options.... xx

I have recently taken the plunge too, hundred pounds a week is really good if your bussiness rates, water etc are included! take it!! is it within a hair dressers? anyway i buy all my towels from Matalan as they have some really nice quality towels in there at the moment and cheap too- dont buy the thin ones!! As for cupboards do not waste your money on a first time venture just incase it doesnt work i would also go to ikea or Argos etc...clients wont know the difference

Look at Argos and IKEA etc, for general furniture, personally I think the beauty providers are way too expensive.

i agree with cathie try argos and ikea i bought my waxing trolley from argos it was only £14.99 all it is, is an hifi trolley in pine and silver with wheels and i also got my nail table from their just a normal desk what you have in a bedroom it has 3 drawers and 3 shelves at the side only £26.00 when i bought it have a look

Thanks for all your brilliant replies/advice. Now faced with another problem!! Have just been to look at another salon, this one is in the next village and it is in the high street, above a hairdressers. Rent is £90 per week, incl. water, electric, but i have to pay for phone as it has its own phone line. Only thing is is that it is an old building (in an old town) and floor in treatment room is on a sligh slop so couch will have to against wall (not good for massages). So do i go for room in the high street or room in village which is an expensive area? this room has wooden floors, similar size and is £100/week to rent and someone to take bookings aswell in the hairdressers for me?

Latest posts

Back