Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Who else is obsessed with everything vintage!!?? Iv just bought some Annie Sloan paint to do my own piece. Bought a bureau to do up for my salon :) excited!!!
This is before pic & will post after on ce iv done!
Has anyone else done your own furniture? xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367848036.858766.jpg

This is the bureau my mum did for me she's good like that and I also got a display cabinet from eBay which I did myself. The paint on the display cabinet chip more easily than the bureau because it was a melamine unit. I like it though it keeps the dust off the regular polishes as I don't use them so much. My mums top tip is make sure you get a good key on the surface and prime it well.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367848334.473352.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367848334.473352.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 2,180
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367848609.639030.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367848609.639030.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 7,296
I am obsessed too
My eldest daughter 6 said mum stop buying old stuff and painting them white!

I'm packing my house up to move but will post pics once I'm sorted in new house

I am obsessed too
My eldest daughter 6 said mum stop buying old stuff and painting them white!

I'm packing my house up to move but will post pics once I'm sorted in new house

Ha my spare room is full!
x

This is the bureau my mum did for me she's good like that and I also got a display cabinet from eBay which I did myself. The paint on the display cabinet chip more easily than the bureau because it was a melamine unit. I like it though it keeps the dust off the regular polishes as I don't use them so much. My mums top tip is make sure you get a good key on the surface and prime it well.

Lovely furniture!
Iv got the Annie Sloan paint so no need to prep or prime x

Ha my spare room is full!
x

Are you going to replace the handles with the crystal ones?
My garage is too love my favourite so far Is Nest of tables with glass tops they are half done, going to put old maps under the glass

I use Annie Sloan pain too it's fab

That chair is amazing and you could make a lot of money reupholstering them!

I did an interior design course years ago and found all my college work the other day of the paint effects part of it. Marbling, rag rolling, lapis lazuli, wood graining, the whole lot! I was in my element going through it all.

This is my dresser that houses all my bits that I don't want clients to see. I want to dump the stereo and have a docking station for my phone, but I can't find one.

Attachments

• dresser.jpg
    dresser.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 2,198
Are you going to replace the handles with the crystal ones?
My garage is too love my favourite so far Is Nest of tables with glass tops they are half done, going to put old maps under the glass

I use Annie Sloan pain too it's fab

Yes I'm going to replace the handles too but not seen any that I love yet! I need a nest of tables too & I love the chair someone has posted! I need to get on the look out for old chairs, want a nice big one for my clients to sit on as they have their nails done x

So I painted the inside duck egg blue! Love it more already :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367906375.356152.jpg

I haven't done this yet but I am desperate to have the time and good weather to get some of DD's furniture out to paint with the Annie Sloan chalk paint! Much cheaper than buying her new pieces in white :)

Looking forward to seeing how your piece works out Jojo and love you chairs Belle Vie!!

This is the piece I finished this weekend.

It's a 1960's chest of drawers for my boyfriends sister as a flat warming present.

When I first got my hands on it it was covered in about 6 layers of nasty gloss paint!!

I used Annie Sloan in Old White and French Linen, then waxed it for a smooth finish.

Looking for my next piece now!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367920787.515704.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367920787.515704.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,925
You are all so creative... they all look fab! Im mobile but if I had a room I'd love this type of furniture! Where have you all bought the furniture from? Xx

You are all so creative... they all look fab! Im mobile but if I had a room I'd love this type of furniture! Where have you all bought the furniture from? Xx

Antique shops, car boot, grandmas house ;-)

My recycling centre has a separate bit where people leave good furniture and they sell it for a few quid I got a lovely kitchen table for a fiver
All sanded and painted could sell it for a few hundred
Absolutely love it so keeping it

Thanks ladies, although I must confess - there were A LOT of staples involved!

Latest posts

Back