Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm half way through a coat rack will upload pics once I'm done.x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389557885.665131.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389557896.998090.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389557907.198207.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389557921.131574.jpg
My recent projects. Where do you all source your furniture from?x

Freecycle, charity shops, family

Hi
Where's everyone gone, was great seeing all your pieces. Does anyone know much about decoupage.
Do you paint
Let dry
Glue picture down?
Just glue the pic n then stick on, or put glue on the furniture, stick pic down n glue on top?
Been reading about sealant needed, is that the glue u put on top of the pic, or do you use something else?
Let dry, then wax as normal?

Eeek im in love with all your peices :) im a complete vintage lover even the clothes. Im currenlty converting my salon to have a vinage feel :) think 50s dressers for all hair stations, ihave some amazing chairs to up do for my nail bar :)..cant wait :)
Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was hoping this thread would get going again. I'm struggling to source new pieces off on a charity shop hunt this week.x

Was hoping this thread would get going again. I'm struggling to source new pieces off on a charity shop hunt this week.x

Yes want more inspiration from you all :) starting my first piece this week!!

Think people are catching on as im struggling to get as many bargains now.

Im getting giddy though as im going on my annie sloane workshop next tues 👍

Think people are catching on as im struggling to get as many bargains now.

Im getting giddy though as im going on my annie sloane workshop next tues 👍

Wealthy areas charity shops are good they always have good furniture

Hi

Ive bought mine from Ebay. You can search for stuff close to where you live if you cant travel miles!

I bought an oak chest of drawers that had been dipped for £35! It was only 20 miles away, and I just replaced the handles with the crystal ones! It looks fab!

Also I bought two bedside cabinets, they are oak with the original cast iron handles on. They had their original varnish on, which was dark, so I just sanded them down in a distressed kind of way and they looked great. Again, from Ebay and they were £45 for the pair!

Invest in a black and decker hand held sander. Its like a triangle shape and fits into a small hand! Its re-chargeable, and the sanding paper pads last ages, and aren't too expensive either.

Kathair xx

These are my new nail bar chairs, just took me 2hrs to strip just one can see it being a labour of love can't wait :) x

Attachments

• 1389730506329.jpg
    1389730506329.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 407
Are you using annie sloan paint, if so there is no need to sand the wood first.
I love ebay buy all my stuff from there iv got about 10 bits in the last couple of months n not paid more than a few quid. Lots of people got back to me about free furniture wanted on freecycle. Got offers of house clearances etc. if only I had the room to store it all.

Yes I will be that top bit is where I had to repair it as it had broke off x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not quite finished yet and awful lighting in my bedroom, but im so pleased with this. It's to put my baby's clothing in :)

Attachments

• 1390258065977.jpg
    1390258065977.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 1390258108871.jpg
    1390258108871.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 1390258123712.jpg
    1390258123712.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 1390258140167.jpg
    1390258140167.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 285
Not quite finished yet and awful lighting in my bedroom, but im so pleased with this. It's to put my baby's clothing in :)

Looks fab, did you use annie Sloan paint?

Beautiful xx

Looks fab, did you use annie Sloan paint?

Yes I did :) old white I think it's called. The whites in AS paints are a bugger to use, they're so thick, unlike say Paris Grey. I just added some water :) xxx

Latest posts

Back