Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv been doing lots of googling lol. N it does seem the Annie Sloan paint can go on any surface. Iv still got 3 things to paint but my nearest shop is 90 min drive away n been looking at other paint n it just don't look as good. On Annie sloans website the postage is like £12 coz they use a courier. Not sure what to do lol.
I'm loving all your pieces they look so nice. Where did you buy the material for the chairs n stuff from Annie Sloan or somewhere else. I think dunelm do fabric not sure how expensive they are as I need some for a chair I have. Oh also did you buy the paint brushes from Annie Sloan or will some from like B&Q be ok?
Sorry for lots of questions lol

I used brushes from B&Q they were perfectly fine! X

Iv been doing lots of googling lol. N it does seem the Annie Sloan paint can go on any surface. Iv still got 3 things to paint but my nearest shop is 90 min drive away n been looking at other paint n it just don't look as good. On Annie sloans website the postage is like £12 coz they use a courier. Not sure what to do lol.
I'm loving all your pieces they look so nice. Where did you buy the material for the chairs n stuff from Annie Sloan or somewhere else. I think dunelm do fabric not sure how expensive they are as I need some for a chair I have. Oh also did you buy the paint brushes from Annie Sloan or will some from like B&Q be ok?
Sorry for lots of questions lol

Make your own paint :) I have x

The first I painted was a table and chairs - no pics ATM as it's at my flat and were in process of moving. I then painted this chest for my daughter, my hall table and a small bookcase (bookcase isn't finished yet) only the table and chairs were done in AS, the rest I made my own chalk paint using Laura Ashley, The Sanctuary, crown and dulux x I for got to take a before of hall table, just managed to get one of the leg to show the colour lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 537
Sorry can't work out multiple photos per post x

The table wasn't finished in this photo x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 508
The "after" chest - before waxing x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 511
I'm going on ebay stat...

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Loving these I really want it. No room. Perfect for storing gels etc.x
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Loving this thread! :)

Finally got round to adding the "after" for my telephone table (which I use as a waiting room chair). I had a piece of custom glass made for the table side and did a scrap-book effect under it of Scratch articles I was in and other favourite nail pics. I'll upload a pic of the finished desk in a couple of days xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 614
Oh my lord, how did I not know this thread existed!!

My friends and husband think I'm bonkers because I want old unloved bits to do this to!!!

I am a complete virgin to this but I think I'm gonna have to do it now after seeing all your beautiful work!! Xx

Finally got round to adding the "after" for my telephone table (which I use as a waiting room chair). I had a piece of custom glass made for the table side and did a scrap-book effect under it of Scratch articles I was in and other favourite nail pics. I'll upload a pic of the finished desk in a couple of days xxx

Gorgeous xx

Omg that's gorgeous!!
I've been looking for one like this but sooo expensive :(

Oooo also another great idea!
I have a wholesale furniture shop close by and they sell @ wholesale prices but the furniture isn't painted. It's literally 1/4 of the price of brand new furniture. I'm planning on getting few pieces from there that I can paint. I'm so thankful I found this thread! I was dreading spending thousands on my salons furniture!
Maybe browse online and check if you've got any similar outlets around?
Definitely going op shopping to see what I could make some use of :)
Xx

Omg that's gorgeous!!
I've been looking for one like this but sooo expensive :(

Elaine I bought this one for £20 off gumtree and the base was broken but I had the strap fabric already so just stripped it back and fixed it xxx

Unfortunately no before pictures but the mirrors were a cheap gold distressed veneer, the picture frame was a dark wood veneer and the pot pourri was just natural wood. I've Annie Sloaned in Paris Grey using my round brush from Homebase (so much cheaper than annie sloan brushes). I also applied Paris Grey to our radiator too :) I've just basically revamped my old furniture when we went from a gold, cream and purple front room to teal, grey, silver, white and black. I've saved myself some money on accessories :) So nothing vintage but certainly a great way to recycle more modern pieces :)

Attachments

• 1384705848240.jpg
    1384705848240.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 504
  • 1384705865435.jpg
    1384705865435.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 494
  • 1384705881206.jpg
    1384705881206.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 473
  • 1384705894757.jpg
    1384705894757.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 512
  • 1384705924608.jpg
    1384705924608.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 526
Thank you very much :)
I'm keeping it & it's going to be my little reception area in my salon :) xx

Hi jojo,

Have got a pic of this in action (in salon) I've just purchased one but cat decide of it will be reception or some sort of storage I would love it to be reception desk but can't work out how it would work I.e where clients would stand etc.

Thanks Stacey xx

Heres mine. Can't find the before photos tho :(

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387321124.911614.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387321152.573622.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387321178.840585.jpg

I'm a giddy kipper just bought 3 pieces to 'shabby chic' all for about £80, booked on an Annie sloane workshop in jan, can't wait to start my projects!!

Would like to try and get this going again as was really enjoying it!

Got lots of furniture waiting to be 'done' will get cracking once we move next week 😁

Latest posts

Back