Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ladies, although I must confess - there were A LOT of staples involved!

What did you use for extra padding?
Was it just think foam? I'm doing chairs just now got 4 still to do

I like the fabric

I've just done a unit, where has Annie Sloan been all if my life?! Ahhhmazing stuff! Love it, but I have a feeling all of my lovely solid wood furniture is going to end up being painted! :) x

I've just done a unit, where has Annie Sloan been all if my life?! Ahhhmazing stuff! Love it, but I have a feeling all of my lovely solid wood furniture is going to end up being painted! :) x

I was thinking the same too! Looking at my sons bedroom furniture & trying to pick a colour ;-)
Have you got pics hun? xx

This is the waiting chair for my new cabin salon. I have done all my furniture to match. I don't have a before pic but it was very dark brown and the seat was really dirty. The tall drawers were plain pine and I sprayed them gold then sanded down parts to give a rustic feel! I'm obsessed with this kind of furniture!!! X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368013445.595792.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368013445.595792.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5,676
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368013518.983927.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368013518.983927.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,161
This is the waiting chair for my new cabin salon. I have done all my furniture to match. I don't have a before pic but it was very dark brown and the seat was really dirty. The tall drawers were plain pine and I sprayed them gold then sanded down parts to give a rustic feel! I'm obsessed with this kind of furniture!!! X

Absolutely love love love both of these pieces!! Where did you get your waiting chair from?! Iv found a few chairs on eBay that have been re-furbed but are a fortune!! Would love to do it myself x

Absolutely love love love both of these pieces!! Where did you get your waiting chair from?! Iv found a few chairs on eBay that have been re-furbed but are a fortune!! Would love to do it myself x

Get friendly with antiquey shops they tend to do house clearances and can be helpful,

I'm wanting a church pue for my hall but very expensive my local Chinese has one I'm still trying to persuade them to sell me it!!

Get friendly with antiquey shops they tend to do house clearances and can be helpful,

I'm wanting a church pue for my hall but very expensive my local Chinese has one I'm still trying to persuade them to sell me it!!

Ha! Does it really?! Keep pestering them! I'm sure it would look better in your hall way!! xx

My step mum picked up the waiting chair for £30 from a furniture auction. They tend to do lots of things that can be reconditioned. Also check reclamation yards xx

Put the first coat of Original White by Annie Sloan looking better already :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368082509.675804.jpg

Now feel the need to redecorate my whole house. Your bits look beautiful!!xx

Am I right in thinking that with the Annie sloane paint you don't need to sand,prime or prep?
You literally can just paint your furniture straight away?
Can't wait to try!

Am I right in thinking that with the Annie sloane paint you don't need to sand,prime or prep?
You literally can just paint your furniture straight away?
Can't wait to try!

That's correct paint then sand down for a smooth finish then wax

Wow really can't wait, i love the cintage look but when ive looked to buy ready done its so sooooo expensive!
I'm going to try this for my baby boys furniture!
I'm hoping to get a chest of drawers,bookcase , wardrobe and toy box that I'd love to vintage up.

Any tips for a newbie ?
Love the work you guys have already transformed :) x

A good brush is needed

And water the paint down a little in a tub as it will go further and give nicer results

Very fine sand paper or exfoliating gloves to rub down

Here is a pic of the Art Deco dresser I did up in a glossy black
I've just moved into a new house so no curtains up etc lol hard to take a good photo!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368112498.562603.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368112498.562603.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,547
And here's an old table I bought from a charity shop, it was white with flowers originally, I did it glossy black and put some of the pics, cards and notes my gf and me sent to each other xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368112631.272603.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368112631.272603.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 792
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368112662.152863.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368112662.152863.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 879
Well I bit the bullet and spent just short of £40 today buying my original white paint, a pinky/purple one that my daughter liked, the wax and a brush from a hardware store! So going to attempt to liven up the pine drawers in my daughters room by painting them all white with the pink/purple on the handles and inside the drawers :D

Also going to an auction tonight to try and pick up a few cheap bits to play about with. Will let you know how it goes!

Ooh can I join in?! I have lots of mismatched furniture and would love to match it up beautifully. I have no idea of where to start but from what I can gather here, I use this Annie paint? Where can I get it? And I water it slightly, paint, then rub and wax? What kind of wax? What else should I do?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Ooh can I join in?! I have lots of mismatched furniture and would love to match it up beautifully. I have no idea of where to start but from what I can gather here, I use this Annie paint? Where can I get it? And I water it slightly, paint, then rub and wax? What kind of wax? What else should I do?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Google the paint and you will get loads of info I have a small shabby chic shop that I buy it from
You will pay about 16 for a tin and get annie Sloan wax only 7ish lasts forever
You can also get tester pots for about 5ish

It's easy aslong as you have a good brush

I'm gutted my bits are packed away and can't share them

Google the paint and you will get loads of info I have a small shabby chic shop that I buy it from
You will pay about 16 for a tin and get annie Sloan wax only 7ish lasts forever
You can also get tester pots for about 5ish

It's easy aslong as you have a good brush

I'm gutted my bits are packed away and can't share them

You can get dark or clear wax depending what look your after I like clear for White furniture

Latest posts

Back