Shall I do my own wedding make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leenie81

Beautify
Reaction score
I get married on the 9th October this year, I had a make up trial done but I wasn't too keen so I am tempted to do my own make up but I'm not sure? I will try upload a pic of the trial make up and my day make up
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1441444245.245461.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1441444276.195764.jpg

Any advice would be great . Thankyou xxx

Hello :)
Your make up looks lovely but wouldn't you like it as a treat ? Gives you more time to relax and enjoy yourself :) xx

I did my own wedding make up! I didn't feel that I looked like me after someone else had done it! Plus it's easier to touch up if you sob etc - I know I did! xx

I did my own. I spent the money on lovely new make up and got my hair done to feel 'pampered' x

This is something I wonder about. If my bf and I ever get married, would I do my own?

I've done the makeup for the bride and all the bridesmaids at all my close friends' and sister in law's wedding and I loved doing it but I would want to relax on my day. However, I know at least 2 of my bridesmaids will not want to their own so I'd have to hire someone anyway. I think if I wasn't happy with the trial(s) I had as I am with when I do my own, I'd probably do mine really early and get someone to do my bridesmaids.

Plus I'm super fussy about products because I'm vegan and only use cruelty free. Whereas my bridesmaids wouldn't be bothered about that.

I don't think that was much help to you, sorry! haha. But I say if you think you could do better than the makeup you did at the trial, then it will bug you on the day!

If I get married I will do my own makeup. When I was engaged people were surprised that I was so adamant about that but if you know what you like and it's not a hassle to do it then....

Besides, if it's going to take up to forty mins either way then I don't see the problem with diy :)

Nb, my personal opinion on the makeup photo you've put here is that it's not a look that is too difficult to do yourself as day to day wear. If it was me I would want a bit more but that's just me. No matter what you choose you need to go with what feels good for you :)

Ohhhh I really can't decide!!!!!!maybe I should try one more trial with someone else? X

I did my own!! Why pay when ur talented yourself??? Spend the money on a new pair of shoes!!! Xx

I feel I'm really average at make up and I don't offer it to my clients so I'm thinking will I end up looking not that great if I do my own but I'm worried if someone else does it I won't like it [emoji85] my bridesmaids are beauty therapists too so o might get them to help with my eye make up xxx

Could you get one of your bridesmaids to do it?

I'm thinking I might do that and I also booked a lesson with Mac incase xxx

Have you considered lash extensions? Will eliminate some hassle on the day x

S
This is something I wonder about. If my bf and I ever get married, would I do my own?

I've done the makeup for the bride and all the bridesmaids at all my close friends' and sister in law's wedding and I loved doing it but I would want to relax on my day. However, I know at least 2 of my bridesmaids will not want to their own so I'd have to hire someone anyway. I think if I wasn't happy with the trial(s) I had as I am with when I do my own, I'd probably do mine really early and get someone to do my bridesmaids.

Plus I'm super fussy about products because I'm vegan and only use cruelty free. Whereas my bridesmaids wouldn't be bothered about that.

I don't think that was much help to you, sorry! haha. But I say if you think you could do better than the makeup you did at the trial, then it will bug you on the day!
a
Salj im vegan too! Xxx

When I got married I had the same dilemma... I had two trials I didn't like and I thought I'm just going to have one more trial.. I ended up using the 3rd lady and I'm so glad I did because I was soooo nervous on the morning I wouldn't of been able to do my own make up!! I had no idea I'd be so nervous like I was so it wasn't something I'd thought about before!

Can I ask which photo is your trial make-up and which is your own make-up?

The second one with my hair up is the trial

Latest posts

Back