Shampoo basics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balayage

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have very oily scalp. My hair is oily too but lately after bleaching to platinum my ends are mostly dry. After using Kerastase Homme shampoo and avoid everyday shampooing my oily scalp is way better. I mean I shampoo every 2 days (the 3rd day I shampoo again) but the 2nd day (one day before shampoo again) my hair is totally flat. So I tried to rinse my hair with plain water and apply just a leave in conditioner on my dry ends. After I blow dryed my hair feels fantastic! I just used plain water and my hair looks like new. So I am here to ask, can I keep shampooing like this and just went needed (mostly one day bedore shampoo again) wash with plain water and blow dry? Or it can damage my hair? Thanks

Hi everyone. I have very oily scalp. My hair is oily too but lately after bleaching to platinum my ends are mostly dry. After using Kerastase Homme shampoo and avoid everyday shampooing my oily scalp is way better. I mean I shampoo every 2 days (the 3rd day I shampoo again) but the 2nd day (one day before shampoo again) my hair is totally flat. So I tried to rinse my hair with plain water and apply just a leave in conditioner on my dry ends. After I blow dryed my hair feels fantastic! I just used plain water and my hair looks like new. So I am here to ask, can I keep shampooing like this and just went needed (mostly one day bedore shampoo again) wash with plain water and blow dry? Or it can damage my hair? Thanks
No it won't damage your hair, it just means you're blow drying dirty hair. If this works for you then carry on.

No it won't damage your hair, it just means you're blow drying dirty hair. If this works for you then carry on.
But my hair dont feel dirty after all. 2 days after shampoo my roots look greasy and flat. But as long as I comb the oils to the whole head and rinse only with gold water my hair and then blow dry the look brand new. No greasy and no flat. So I think on 2 days after shmpoo and 1 day before I shampoo again I will do that "trick". On winter I will reduce shampoo to two times a week. The only thing I am afraid off is 2 blow drys on a row, on bleached and thin hair. At least I dont use a comb, I just dry them and let them "natural".
Thanks for the response btw [emoji173]️

But my hair dont feel dirty after all. 2 days after shampoo my roots look greasy and flat. But as long as I comb the oils to the whole head and rinse only with gold water my hair and then blow dry the look brand new. No greasy and no flat. So I think on 2 days after shmpoo and 1 day before I shampoo again I will do that "trick". On winter I will reduce shampoo to two times a week. The only thing I am afraid off is 2 blow drys on a row, on bleached and thin hair. At least I dont use a comb, I just dry them and let them "natural".
Thanks for the response btw [emoji173]️
Whatever works for you!

Latest posts

Back