Shampoos that strip colour???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0-pixie-0

Reaction score
which shampoos are worst for stripping out colour? ive heard head and shoulders is bad, but what others can strip out colour?

which shampoos are worst for stripping out colour? ive heard head and shoulders is bad, but what others can strip out colour?
i havent seen any in asda for ages, but voesene or any medicated shampoo is good. try your local chemist. what is the colour ?

apparantly fairy washing up liquid......

Johnsons & Johnson's baby shampoo.
No, I'm NOT kidding! It's gotta be one of the harshest on the market.
I wouldn't let it touch my kid's hair:!:

Herbal Essences, Polytar and T gel or anything really that is of a clear nature, all those that are creamy like dove shouldn't strip the hair, I find those leave a film like coating which makes hair oily sooner, so anything of a clear nature should strip colour out as they are the best for cleaning the hair thoroughly and they prevent oil build up so soon, they also make hair feel dry from excessive use.

If you are wanting to strip your hair colour, it may not do much in the first shampoo but give it time and you should see a slight difference.

apparantly fairy washing up liquid......

I had a job interview a loooonnng time ago and had coloured my hair a couple of weeks before for my birthday, the salon I was working in at the time really didn't mind what colour I had my hair as they were all pretty funky too, so I coloured it really purple! Then got the appt for my job interview and thought oops!

So I used washing up liquid combined with sugar to try and strip out the colour it was wayyyyy more purple than I thought lol!

Thirteen shampoos later I was still bright purple :eek: needless to say I didn't get the job :rolleyes:

But I would agree with the other suggestions especially the head and shoulders in fact I was once told that you could use it to perm with its so strong! Don't know if this is true but I've stayed away from it ever since lol.

Head and shoulders is definitely the shampoo to use if you need to strip out colour, its so harsh. A few washes and your good to go.

I'm not a hairdresser, but i work in one

Hi, I was reading a thread about Dove stripping tanning products off , so perhaps you could give this a whirl :hug: x minky

Voseine (sorry about the spelling) :)

Latest posts

Back