Share your weight-loss story!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always yo yo dieted but only a stone or so. 3 years ago I finally reached a point where I was really happy with how I looked and achieved it following slimming world and going to the gym. I was in the gym every morning at 6.30 before work and loved it. I had to be so disciplined to maintain my weight but didn't mind. Then I fell pregnant and for once in my life I didn't feel the need to be disciplined. I craved carbs which I rarely ate, I felt to tired and nauseous to work out so ended up pigging out for the entire 9 months. I got huge - stopped weighing myself at 8 months pregnant when I hit the 5 stone gain mark. I think it was probably more like 6 stone. So I had Ruby and was horrified by my size. At my 6 week check the dr told me in no uncertain terms I had to lose weight and I rejoined slimming world that week. That was 5th July 2012. I hit target yesterday having lost 4 stone. I remember my first girls night out and being desperate to wear something that wasn't maternity so bought myself a pair of skinny jeans. I struggled and huffed & puffed my way into a size 18 refusing to buy a 20 but should have done. I love that I can now just pick stuff up in a 14 & it will fit. Here is my before & after pics that I put on our sw facebook site yesterday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You look amazing fair play xxx

Not great pictures but can see in my face my weight loss xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403132370708.jpg
    1403132370708.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 105
I've always yo yo dieted but only a stone or so. 3 years ago I finally reached a point where I was really happy with how I looked and achieved it following slimming world and going to the gym. I was in the gym every morning at 6.30 before work and loved it. I had to be so disciplined to maintain my weight but didn't mind. Then I fell pregnant and for once in my life I didn't feel the need to be disciplined. I craved carbs which I rarely ate, I felt to tired and nauseous to work out so ended up pigging out for the entire 9 months. I got huge - stopped weighing myself at 8 months pregnant when I hit the 5 stone gain mark. I think it was probably more like 6 stone. So I had Ruby and was horrified by my size. At my 6 week check the dr told me in no uncertain terms I had to lose weight and I rejoined slimming world that week. That was 5th July 2012. I hit target yesterday having lost 4 stone. I remember my first girls night out and being desperate to wear something that wasn't maternity so bought myself a pair of skinny jeans. I struggled and huffed & puffed my way into a size 18 refusing to buy a 20 but should have done. I love that I can now just pick stuff up in a 14 & it will fit. Here is my before & after pics that I put on our sw facebook site yesterday.

Simply amazing!! You look great!

You can really see the difference. Amazing!

You can see a difference! Well done xx

You can see a difference! Well done xx

Thank you sally xx

I'm three weeks into my current plan. I was at the heaviest I've ever been of 20stone and 3lbs and a 5ft frame. I feel so ashamed of myself for being this big. I'm working with dieticians and psychologists. I am on a meal replacement diet of two meals being replaced with a shake that is a calorie controlled which is approved by my dietician. I don't eat breakfast or very rarely lunch so for this reason we've decided on this. I walk my dogs at night for atleast an hour and half or two hours. I try and stay active when I'm in the house and I'm going to be getting the gym or a home work out regime going. I did do something similar when last year but lost the will when i had house moves going on. So I'm back on it for the last three weeks ish and lost a stone and one pound! I'm going to weightloss groups through the weight management people and will continue to work with psychologists and dieticians and go to the gym or something and hope to get down to a dress size 10/12 (currently a size 20) but I will get there :)

I'm three weeks into my current plan. I was at the heaviest I've ever been of 20stone and 3lbs and a 5ft frame. I feel so ashamed of myself for being this big. I'm working with dieticians and psychologists. I am on a meal replacement diet of two meals being replaced with a shake that is a calorie controlled which is approved by my dietician. I don't eat breakfast or very rarely lunch so for this reason we've decided on this. I walk my dogs at night for atleast an hour and half or two hours. I try and stay active when I'm in the house and I'm going to be getting the gym or a home work out regime going. I did do something similar when last year but lost the will when i had house moves going on. So I'm back on it for the last three weeks ish and lost a stone and one pound! I'm going to weightloss groups through the weight management people and will continue to work with psychologists and dieticians and go to the gym or something and hope to get down to a dress size 10/12 (currently a size 20) but I will get there :)

Best of luck xx

I can't share my story.

I'm still fat.

But I have a shape.

Round is a shape.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Keep it up hun. Ur doing brilliantly xx

Keep it up hun. Ur doing brilliantly xx

Thank you! Need to get my butt to a gym so I can loose more but tone and loose aswell. But I'm pleased with the weight loss so far ^_^

Thank you! Need to get my butt to a gym so I can loose more but tone and loose aswell. But I'm pleased with the weight loss so far ^_^

You're doing well so far. I'd love to get to a gym but with the other half working a 60-90 min commute plus a 2 year old I don't have time so I'm going to get some resistance bands and work out with those at home when I can x

You're doing well so far. I'd love to get to a gym but with the other half working a 60-90 min commute plus a 2 year old I don't have time so I'm going to get some resistance bands and work out with those at home when I can x

Thank you :D!
You could try doing a home work out like the 39 day shred or the squat challenge or something ? The resistance bands sounds good! I was going to get some weights for being at home and do weighted squats and run up and down my stairs with the weights too. Sounds daft but anything to burn some cals lol xx

I've been doing the 30 day challenges as I can do them through the day - lunges or squats while kettles boiling or while I'm cleaning teeth etc. I did do the 30 day shred. The problem I have is I used to set my alarm for 6, do the shred then have a shower and by the time I was out the shower the little lady was awake but she wakes anytime from 5 & I really can't get up any earlier. I could do it at night if we weren't living with in laws - we always seem to have a housefull. So once we get moved next weekend I'm hoping to incorporate the resistance bands into my day like I do the 30 day challenges. I think more gyms should have a creche. I'd pay to put her in a creche for an hour so I could do a class or workout then we could go swimming together but no gyms in my area do.

Latest posts

Back