Sharpen cuticle nippers or buy a new pair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickle

Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone sharpens their nippers when needed, or do you prefer to buy a new pair?

If you do get them sharpened are they as good as new when you get them back, or do you find they dull down quicker? Just wondered whether this would be a more cost effective option for heavy users such as myself.

I would not know how to sharpen them.. so i guess i will buy new ones.. i also need to get new tip cutters aswell:irked:

I would not know how to sharpen them.. so i guess i will buy new ones.. i also need to get new tip cutters aswell:irked:

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I buy my nippers from a company that offers a tool sharpening service which works out about a third of the cost of buying a new pair. Baring in mind the process would take a number of working days, which would then mean I would need a couple extra pairs to use and rotate for disenfection.

I have had my cuticle nippers for years,in fact since I went to college and have never needed to have them sharpened.

If it's anything like the service by Tweezerman then you have to send them to America.This would obviously cost quite a bit,probably woking out more than if you went to your wholesalers to buy a new pair.So for me,if needed, I would buy a new pair I expect.HTH

Premier nail source sells nippers for 2.95, I'm still on a pair I got last year. They are inexpensive enough to just toss out when they get dull. Well worth the buy!

ive had mine since at college (about 5 year ago) never had to have them sharpened) infact, i dont even use them anymore

ive had mine since at college (about 5 year ago) never had to have them sharpened) infact, i dont even use them anymore

Why's that then...?

I use mine all the time, especially with pedicures which can be up to 8 a day, along with a couple of manicures added for good measure... :exhusted smilie:

I had mine 3 years and have just invested in a new pair from Ellisons, they are much better quality and worth that bit extra. Hadnt thought about having them sharpened

Why's that then...?

I use mine all the time, especially with pedicures which can be up to 8 a day, along with a couple of manicures added for good measure... :exhusted smilie:
Are you actually using them to nip cuticles, or something else? I have a pair I bought years ago but hardly ever use them. I use CND cuticle remover & a curette, or Jessica's nourish creme & phenomen oil and my cuticle pusher attachment on my solis machine. We really shouldn't be cutting cuticles at all, all it does is encourage thicker growth.

Latest posts

Back