Shelf life of 1mth on 2hr tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
HI, another question for the tan geeks...

I use Solaire 2hr violet based tans (available here in Aus) which have a shelf life of just 1mth once opened. However I can get a few months out of them it's just that the bronzant isn't as dark then starts to change from a real chocolate brown colour to eventually a grey/brown after about 4mths opened. Their 8hr tans shelf life is longer, 6mths I think.

Anyhow, another company I mentioned this to who said their tans' shelf life is 12mths, said that if it's only good for 1mth the DHA would be a really poor quality.

Is that actually the case? Saying that my clients and I love the tan but being a small salon I don't go thru it as fast as I really should or would like to so I would prefer a long shelf life. Thankfully they do sell a wholesale prices direct to salons so I pay half of what I would if I bought it thru a supplier or a different brand. If only they sold by the half litre!

:?:

That is very strange. Can you email Solaire in the US to find out if that is truly the case? Is there a DOM (date of manufacture) stamped on the solution bottle at all.

Nope, no manufacture date. Bottle says manufactured in USA but only contact details are for the Aussie suppliers. I'll email Andrea from the company and see what she says but i'm sure I questioned it once before when I realised how short the shelf life was but can't remember her reasonings. :irked:

Latest posts

Back