Shelf life of Flirties adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLilly

Reaction score
Please can someone tell me how long the shelf life of my Flirties Adhesive is? I've been practicing for a few months and my lashes only last a maximum of two weeks, I'm sure it's my application rather than the glue. I'm just wondering how long after the bottle has been opened (and stored correctly) it is ok to use?

It says on the bottle 9 months but tbh I had a problem with my first bottle, when I had been using it for almost 4 months I had several clients come back and all of their lashes had fallen off, I put it down to the glue as I hadnt had a problem before, I now change mine if its not already gone at 3 and a half months, I live in Spain so I put it down to the constant changes in temperature of my room, I have air con so v cold in the day then baking when I am not there.
xxxx

Please can someone tell me how long the shelf life of my Flirties Adhesive is? I've been practicing for a few months and my lashes only last a maximum of two weeks, I'm sure it's my application rather than the glue. I'm just wondering how long after the bottle has been opened (and stored correctly) it is ok to use?

HI MissLilly, the way you are describing it, it does sound like either an application problem or something to do with preparation or even after care. Just make sure that you clean and prep the lashes properly with the primer and that you use the correct curl and strenght/length for your client's lashes to create a good bond. If the lashes are too long or heavy or the curl is too far off the natural curl you wont be able to create a good bond along the whole length and it will result in losing the extensions prematurely.

Alternatively you should check with your client that she is looking after her lashes as per your instructions ie no oil based make up or remover etc and that she is also letting the lashes "settle" for the first 24 hours.

Hope this helps but if there is any problems please feel free to contact me directly?

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.

I am pretty sure that's it's me and not the product. I can't see on my bottle where it says 9 months, can I just confirm that's correct?

Also I've just read on the Flirties group about using sealant. I stopped using it as I found that it was sticking the lashes together, I guess I was just using to much. I'll give it another go and use a little more sparingly x

Latest posts

Back