Shelf life of gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejoel14

Reaction score
Had a client come to me with wot was sposed to be shellac soaked and soaked but to no avail so knew it wasnt shellac.she told me her old salon filed it off as there was no product that wud remove it. Surely if this is an old type of gel that doesn't react with acetone it must be well past its prime do they still make gel that can only be filed off?:!:

Sounds like a buff off gel to me, and yes there are some fabulous buff off gels around which are by no means outdated. eg. Brisa. They still have a use alongside a soft gel and Shellac in the salon.

I cant believe people are conned like this. Some people have no morals (tho its not life and death so im not going to lie awake worrying about it:green:). Educate your client that she has not been given Shellac and the word may get around x

Apart from Shellac , which I use on natural nail clients for flawless 2-3 week manicure, I only use Brisa Buff off gels for enhancments when my clients want gel.

Buff-off gels are by no means outdated (they are stronger than soak off gels and a different category alltogether). The fact is you hardly ever have to buff-off gel enhancements, any more than you have to continually soak off L&P enhancements. Brisa is a breeze to buff off without causing damage if you have to do it ... very quick and easy.

Buff off gels are not 'old' technology just another technology and have a huge place in the nail industry. But there is new technology on the way which is what keeps life exciting.

thanks for your help I am not familiar with gels :)

Latest posts

Back