Shelf sitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aqua_Gecko

Reaction score
Hey everyone, how do you all shift your shelf sitters? Here's a few things that I do, but would love to know how everyone else does it without having to discount in some way!

- Wear the colour yourself (works a treat!)
- Colour of the week/month point of sale displays in clients eye line i.e your desk
- Show/display new nail art with these colours
- Retail in a duo set with a more popular colour
- Retail as a gift in nice box, bag etc
- Tell them their fave celeb wears it! :-D

Can't think of any more at the mo!

I use them with glitters. I'd hardly ever used Cerulean Sea (CND shellac) and added a glitter...it was used 7 times this week. Love your other ideas :)

Hey everyone, how do you all shift your shelf sitters? Here's a few things that I do, but would love to know how everyone else does it without having to discount in some way!

- Wear the colour yourself (works a treat!)
- Colour of the week/month point of sale displays in clients eye line i.e your desk
- Show/display new nail art with these colours
- Retail in a duo set with a more popular colour
- Retail as a gift in nice box, bag etc
- Tell them their fave celeb wears it! :-D

Can't think of any more at the mo!

All really good ideas!! I've got burnt romance & haven't used it once!! To be fair the colour pop doesn't do it any justice!! I may try putting glitter with it to change it up a bit! This is going to be the next colour I put on myself, but Ive only just done tinted love last night!! So will have to wait a while!! 😉x

Oo does anybody know a good layering combo with burnt romance? X

Mostly everything you said!
I do have a "Colour of the month". And I offer 10% off for said colour ( I went through a whole bottle of tango passion in one week because of this).

I also try and 'showcase' one of the least popular with the most popular as an accent.

Under glitter is a great one!!

I also try and use the SS's in my nail art.

;)

Oo does anybody know a good layering combo with burnt romance? X

I've used it under Decadence, gives an orangy tint and also with Gold VIP over the top which is pretty. But it's a hard one to move so glitter is usually the best option!

Karaxxx

I've just sorted my colour pops and added my new colours. I have 4 shelf sitters which have been picked maybe once each. And I've had them for nearly two years now.
Cityscape
Faux Fur
Strawberry Smoothie
Silver chrome

I have worn them, put glitter over them, worn them again, promoted them and still no takers. Any ideas before I give up on them for good? :p x

I have found the only time I use silver chrome is for an accent nail and never on its own! It has to have ice vapour over it or it's just not nice. Here's one idea for an accent nail ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425407486.267310.jpg

My silver chrome will last for ages because nobody likes it on its own 😓

I have found the only time I use silver chrome is for an accent nail and never on its own! It has to have ice vapour over it or it's just not nice. Here's one idea for an accent nail View attachment 83017

My silver chrome will last for ages because nobody likes it on its own 😓

I always use silver chrome with ice vapor too. I also use silver chrome with silver glitter or silver foils x

Thanks nailcandymk and tiptops. I'll try to push it as an accent nail. I've just layered moonlight and roses over Faux Fur and that's made an interesting colour! X

I've just sorted my colour pops and added my new colours. I have 4 shelf sitters which have been picked maybe once each. And I've had them for nearly two years now.

Cityscape

Faux Fur

Strawberry Smoothie

Silver chrome

I have worn them, put glitter over them, worn them again, promoted them and still no takers. Any ideas before I give up on them for good? :p x

I really don't understand how silver chrome is a shelf sitter for you? A silver is an essential colour, and it goes with pretty much anything, I've never used it for a 10 nails block colour, but for things like accents/indexes alternating colours combos of black/silver, white/silver, blue/silver, red/silver, pink/silver etc.. Use it as a base for holographic silver glitter or silver foil, use underneath Swarovski crystal nails, nail art.. You can do so much with it!x

I don't understand it either. I thought it would be an essential colour but I never use it. I rarely do an accent colour and I only have a handful of clients who have glitter during the year and then come December they all want Ruby Ritz. Then in January back to Wildfire, Hollywood, Crimson Sash etc. I guess it must be the area I am in. :biggrin: x

Cityscape

Faux Fur

Strawberry Smoothie

Silver chrome

Cityscape is one of my most popular here are a couple ideas... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425423259.582578.jpg
This has denim geode additive one ring finger and thumb faded
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425423343.536492.jpg
With Blackpool iced vapour and swarovskis.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425423392.110765.jpg
With silver vip

Thanks rachg, they look great x

Latest posts

Back