Shellac shelf sitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123stephy_b

Reaction score
Hi geeks I'd like some advice... A lot of my shellac colours seem to be shelf sitters. I normally use the shelf sitters for nail art ect on the colour pops to try and promote them even more but I am still getting no luck. I am someone who HAS to have to have the full new collections when they come out but I feel like I'm wasting my money as alot of them never get used. I was thinking about doing a 'colour of the month/week' with 10% off using the colour I have chosen (a shelf sitter) to get people to use them. Has anyone done something like this before? Or any other tips? Thanks guys xx

I use my shelf sitters for rockstars mainly as you can't see the colour. And for layering too. :)

There was another thread with the same title as yours not so long ago where tips were shared I believe. There may be some extra layering options on there that you might not have tried etc.

I do colour of the month as well as using them in all sorts of ways, but I have still not been able to get anyone to have the lime green, ever. They like what they like and a small discount wouldn't make me choose a colour that I don't like, but saying that you never know what's going to be chosen by a brand new client.

Thanks Nicole yes thats very true I may trial the colour of the month and see how it goes. I love the lime green and I have made I even nicer by adding the Sea glass additive it looks beautiful and deffo more appealing. Do you add any discount to your colour of the month? X

Sometimes if I wear s colour more people choose it. Xxx

Hi Paula I find most of my shelf sitters are maybe ones Im not too fond of myself lol! I try and buy whole collections for the people who arnt so girly like me. Has anyone else had expierence in the colour of the month and how well it's worked? X

I would do some colour pops of them with different glitters over them. Leave the popular colours on their own on the pops and bling up the shelf sitters. Also encourage rock star toes! People tend to go for crazier combinations on toes I find. Mabye do an offer in a couple months for matching rock star fingers and toes at a discount! I would also play around with different colour glitters over them as I find the base colour can change how the glitter looks. X

That's a great idea Sarah thank you xx

Find a way to wear those shelf sitters on yourself, whether it's with glitter/foils or additives ...clients always want what we have on even if you just wear it on your toes but make sure you show everyone!!

There was another thread with the same title as yours not so long ago where tips were shared I believe. There may be some extra layering options on there that you might not have tried etc.

I do colour of the month as well as using them in all sorts of ways, but I have still not been able to get anyone to have the lime green, ever. They like what they like and a small discount wouldn't make me choose a colour that I don't like, but saying that you never know what's going to be chosen by a brand new client.

You could try layering red over your lime green or blue over lime green or carving out over it in black looks good too

It's stunning as a base for a Cath Kidston design and everybody loves the examples I did, but nope, not a sausage!

Try putting a thin layer of romantique over lime green. It makes a lovely pastelly green.

Or yea, use as a base for rockstars.
Wear the colours yourself.
Nail of the week/month - this can be a colour or design. Same idea, just slightly more room for movement.

Latest posts

Back