Shellac and CND conversion training...wrong advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woo87

Reaction score
I contacted Sweet squared twice now on a contact form but had to replys wanting to find out prices of Shellac training and started kits etc. Plus im really wanting to do a cnd conversion course after trying the retention plus and love it. Is there anywhere else other than sweetsquared i can recieve training or should i call them? I am in Tenerife but when back in uk will be better to train near Milton Keynes.

There is a cnd wholesalers and training centre here in Tenerife. I brought the retention plus kit from here and when i liked it i enquired for some training a conversion course from entity to cnd and was told i didnt need it can use it anyway is that true am i covered by insurance without a conversion course?

I was also told i did not need shellac training as its "dead easy" and can just buy the products ( i know its not essentual for the training but a good idea to be trained 100%) Then i asked prices of the products and the lamp to which i was told i can use any lamp as long as its got 4 9watt bulbs i said i have a cuccio lamp she said that was fine. I'm sure ive read on here thats not the case??

Some clarifications would be great on the correct way to go about getting products and training.

Thankyou

hi,
Cnd recommend using the entire range when performing any treatment so using shellac with a non cnd lamp would not be advisable. im sure plenty out there do but to guarentee the best results id always use the cnd lamp.
with regards to the convertion course, i did this and was very impressed with the day. im not 100% sure but i think i was told i couldnt buy cnd products without the converstion course?? either way id have done the course :)
I didnt do the shellac course, its not essential although if my finances had been in order at the time i would have. i prob took me longer to get to grips with it than those who did the course but self training was what worked for me at the time. the shellac course can also be booked through ellisons www.ellisons.co.uk
i hope this has helped a bit! x

Are you sure it was a genuine cnd warehouse?! You can't buy the L&P in the uk without their training can't comment on Tenerife! As for the shellac you definatley need the cnd lamp, and in sure any genuine cnd warehouse would have advised this!? What was the name of the warehouse maybe geeg will come along and verify it for you Xx

For training in the uk you need sweet squared xx

Thanks for the information I though it was advised and important to use the correct system including the lamp. I was shocked when she told me this. It is a salon that wholesales aswell and trains using Cnd products. I wont post salon name here as not sure if I should or not?

I'll make sure I do my training in uk then.

Am I correct in to be able to use the Cnd products and to be covered by insurance you have to be trained with that system?

Thankyou

Thanks for the information I though it was advised and important to use the correct system including the lamp. I was shocked when she told me this. It is a salon that wholesales aswell and trains using Cnd products. I wont post salon name here as not sure if I should or not?

I'll make sure I do my training in uk then.

Am I correct in to be able to use the Cnd products and to be covered by insurance you have to be trained with that system?

Thankyou

As far as I know, that is the case, yes.

With regards to the lamp, I've read so many threads on here from people having problems with Shellac whilst using a different 9 watt UV 4 bulb lamp, yet these problems have disappeared when using the correct lamp. I read somewhere that it's not about the wattage, but the UV output. x

I also used to live in Tenerife and trained with liz at cloud nine! Can't believe you were told to use any lamp - that's not great advice! I did my l&p and brisa training with her although when I bought my spa pedi mani kit (which entitled me to the course for free) she also said it was not necessary. Try talking to sweet squared about courses in the uk xx

Yes I read somewhere about the output aswell. I use the whole system correctly for my gels and will also do with shellac just need to find out prices to start out with as in Tenerife it's very expensive to call uk so really hoped and though I'd be replied to from sweet squared after emailing them twice.

Did she recommend the correct lamp for brisa? Do you know if they are a register Cnd wholesalers?

I think by replys I can see the information I was given was poor and unproffesional.
Come to think of it when I brought products from them they never asked for proof I was a nail tech or anything to open a account and buy products so anyone trained or not could walk in and say they were and buy from them surely that's not correct but suppose it's Tenerife and not uk.

Hey,

Have you got twitter? It was taking ages to get a reply from s2 when I emailed certificates over an I said that on a tweet, next thing I know a phone all at my salon from them apologising for the delay and set it up for me! It's service like that that's converted me to s2!

Kim xx

Ah ok thanks embellir I will try that on twitter then see if get a response. If not I'll just have to call them.

Thanks x

I trained 8 years ago now so it was the vintage brisa lamp that came with the kit anyway! She is an official cnd ambassador - my certificates are genuine (I would not be transferred to the uk cnd site if not). Sweet squared are so lovely if you phone them - I never had any response when I tried to email them but if you phone up they do bend over backwards to help you.

I am surprised liz does not ask for proof - she used to be really hot on that. Always checking up on people if they were advertising creative nail design at their salon ;)

Ah ok thanks embellir I will try that on twitter then see if get a response. If not I'll just have to call them.

Thanks x

Or Facebook - they also have a page on there.x

Mmmm I'm not even sure if she is there now I may be wrong I know the girl I have always spoken to is not liz.

Oh well questions were answered and i will ring sweet squared and get all the info I need and hopefully get the training done sometime soon :)

I would check that directly with your insurers.

When I signed up with CND I had to send them my certificates, which consisted of VTCT Manicure and NSI Acrylic Nails - once my account was activated they sent me an email with this quote in it "We have received and reviewed the information we needed to activate your profile. I have activated your profile so there are no restrictions on your purchases."

...I guess meaning I can buy anything including their L&P even though I am qualified with NSI.

Hope this helps! x

Latest posts

Back