Shellac and CND Spa Manicure/Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divine Diva

Reaction score
Hello

I am doing an offer at the minute on manicures & pedicures and I have had a few clients enquiring if they could have Shellac instead of ordinary nail varnish, and have offered to pay the difference.

When training for Bio Sculpture and Minx I was advised not to do a spa manicure (that includes soak, scrub, mask, massage and moisturising cream) with any other treatment. This was because it would hydrate the nail and as we know for adhesion of either the Minx or gel overlay, the nail needed to be dehydrated.

My question is, does this also apply to Shellac, that I need to keep the nail dehydrated and it doesn't mix with a spa manicure?

Also if I was to do Shellac with a manicure/pedicure how much should I charge? I charge £20 for a spa manicure/pedicure and £25 for Shellac. How much should I charge for the Shellac instead of the polish? £20, £15 on top of the manicure price?

Any help would be greatly appreciated fellow geeks. :)

The best way to do shellac in a spa mani/pedi is to do the cuticle work, filing and shellac first then do the spa side of the treatment

HTH

Lauren
xxx

It really is the best scenario with the longest-lasting results, no matter which kind of colour coat you are going to apply, to do cuticle work first dry ... Then apply your Shellac ... Then follow with the hydrating and moisturising part of the manicure.

Hi Lauren and GeeG,

Aw that makes sense, thank you. I was really confused and muddled.

Could you advise me on how much I should charge for the Shellac (I charge £25) and spa manicure (£20). How much of a discount should I do for both treatments together?

My clients have offered to 'pay the difference' if I put shellac on instead of OPI/Chin Glaze. How much should it be?

Thank you :)

I charge £25 for spa manicure and if a client wants shellac instead of cnd regular polish, then I charge £10 extra on top. (so £35 in total for me). Hope this helps?

At CND they advised 50% on top of ur normal polish price for shellac so if you charge 20 for a normal it would make it 30. Hth x

I wish I would of read this this morning. Just done a manicure then applied shellac. I will never be doing that again. I could of cried x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I wish I would of read this this morning. Just done a manicure then applied shellac. I will never be doing that again. I could of cried x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

It's not the end of the world as long as you have removed any and all oil from the nail plate before applying Shellac. Because you don't file the surface of the nail before applying Shellac, the nail plate should resist soaking up too much moisture. Don't stress. If you buffed the surface of the nail plate then that is a different story.

It's not the end of the world as long as you have removed any and all oil from the nail plate before applying Shellac. Because you don't file the surface of the nail before applying Shellac, the nail plate should resist soaking up too much moisture. Don't stress. If you buffed the surface of the nail plate then that is a different story.
I have been wondering about this to. So let me get this right, I can do a gelish pedicure (dry) then once that has been cured I can do the whole foot spar treatment? I'm worried this will weaken the gelish?

I have been wondering about this to. So let me get this right, I can do a gelish pedicure (dry) then once that has been cured I can do the whole foot spar treatment? I'm worried this will weaken the gelish?

It won't. :hug:

It won't. :hug:

So no soaking, prior to a spa manicure with Shellac. Just dry cuticle work ie cuticle away and pusher, then after Shellac follow with the exfoliate, mask and massage...

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

my clients who have a spa manicure with shellac nail's last a lot longer than those who just have shellac alone.

I don't usually soak with manicures as it's not really needed with cuticle away but I have a few clients who like the soaking part so I do it for them and there's last longer. I don't soak for very long though it's mainly just to wet the hands. My older clients like it for some reason lol x

my clients who have a spa manicure with shellac nail's last a lot longer than those who just have shellac alone.

I don't usually soak with manicures as it's not really needed with cuticle away but I have a few clients who like the soaking part so I do it for them and there's last longer. I don't soak for very long though it's mainly just to wet the hands. My older clients like it for some reason lol x

And you find with the soaking it doesn't affect the service in anyway? I was going to get some fizzy balls from Cuccio...but I didn't know if I should.

And you find with the soaking it doesn't affect the service in anyway? I was going to get some fizzy balls from Cuccio...but I didn't know if I should.

No it doesn't affect my shellac service at all. As long as I've thoroughly dried the clients hands and washed away any soak and cuticle away and then scrub fresh it's totally fine (for me anyway) some may say different. I haven't used any of those balls apart from in a deluxe pedicure so I can't say if they will affect the shellac service as I haven't tried but I have on toes and it was fine. Test it out on yourself or a friend before doing it on a paying client x

Latest posts

Back