Shellac being done without proper PEP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful You

Reaction score
I am seeing a lot of salons out there offering e.g. shellac in 20 minutes, or file and shellac straight onto nails. Plus silly prices. This is very bad practice and if they are not doing proper PEP not good for the client and not good for shellac's image. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have warned several friends who live away to avoid these places as they appear to be cutting corners. I know some of you geeks are super quick but is 20 mins really possible with proper PEP?

It's not the CND way and just makes me a little annoyed that poor clients are getting this. Some look like very reputable salons too.

Hi,
tell me about it and Minx too!

I get a bit cross but what can we do other than be the best ourselves at what we do.
TBH the clients that want to go to these salons are not the clients I want anyway.

In my (limited) experience these people tend to be the ones who don't follow after care, have unrealistic expextations about results of treatments and then complain like crazy.

They too can do us as much undeserved harm.

I say stick to your guns, keep and develop a good loyal client base and success will be yours.

I'm still in the early stages of my business but would rather have a few good clients at the mo than a barrell load of bad apples any day!

x

I've noticed this too. One place near me is charging £12 for shellac! Ridiculous price! I charge more than that for a normal manicure! It really bugs me as I now feel I have to explain why I charge £30 for a shellac manicure and clients will just opt for the cheapest place. I don't understand why these people want to only charge £12???!!! Don't they want to make any money?

Its a treatment...the clue is in the name...:lol:...a treat, thats what clients want and are happy to pay for..yes they want a service that fits in with their lifestyle/lunch break ect...but they also want that customer care, feeling of being spolit...have a lovely treat...not wham bang thank you Mame, that'll be £20 and out the door in 10...you offer the Xtra service, the nice bits that people want and trust me...the others will soon fade away.....................x

Latest posts

Back