Shellac bubbling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myden

Reaction score
Recently I had clients that had holidays in Cyprus and Mexico where the weather was extremely hot and they came back and said that there Shellac had bubbled and lifted at the cuticle as far up as the centre, One was wearing French and one Electric Orange the other Pink Bikini. Pink Bikini also faded badly on her toes but did not bubble or lift.
I have given this a lot of thought and have never had this bubbling before, the only thing used different was I used Xpress5 Topcoat on the nails but the original Topcoat on the toes. Could this be the cause and has anyone else had this.

If it didn't bubble on her toes but bubbled on her hands (and they were applied at the same time) I'd suggest suntan lotion with insect repellent Deet in it caused the lifting. I would also suspect 'bubbling' is actually lifting.

If they were applied at different times it could be a curing issue if the toes were done say a week before, but I'd go with suntan lotion (or aftersun, or insect repellent) with Deet.

I swear sun tan cream lifts gelpolish ive heard it so many times .xx

Latest posts

Back