Shellac chip!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
Would you repair a single chip in Shellac a week after application for free? Or would you charge. If so what is reasonable? I've been doing the odd repair for nothing but I'm getting a bit irritated as I know these two particular people don't look after their nails properly - in fact they laugh at me when I give aftercare!!! They say they've heard it all before and then proceed to tell me what cleaning and chemicals they've had their hands in with no gloves on! I'm feeling a bit of a mug at the moment!

Charge them for the repair's and see how funny it is now to them :)

Also you might find they start looking after thier nails better x

Last edited:
yeah i would charge. as shellac lasts "up to" 14 days, i think if it was within a few days of first application i would repair for free, but after a week no, especially as you know how bad they are at looking after them.

i am struggling with this also. i want to add to my website on how much to charge for a repair. I was thinking (as you have to travel there and petrol money etc) something like between 1-5 nails £10 for repairs, if over 5 nails, you will need a soak off and new set, soak off will be free of charge if over 5 nails are damaged, but will still have to pay for a full set of shellac.

im a bit confused how to word this though as they may think it's £10 per nail between 1-5 nails :-/ xx

I charge £2 per nail

Which is 10% of the total cost of a complete set. It doesn't seem fair otherwise.

But is a bummer as it takes best part of 15 minutes. Fortunately it's not very often and ALWAYS the same 2 clients :rolleyes:

Thanks for replying! I offered this particular girl a choice of two spaces this week to repair but neither were any good for her so she said to forget it. I can't do more than that but I think I'm going to charge £2.50 per nail after a week to repair. thankfully it doesn't happy very often but if I tell these girls then they might take a bit more care.

Latest posts

Back