Shellac collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsByShakira

Reaction score
Hi Geeks..

How long did it take everyone to build their collection of Shellac colours? I'm only working part time (in retail) and can only afford 2/3 colours a month or every two months. Now that CND are making new shades all the time, I keep thinking "great, new colours 😊" but also it's going to take forever to get all the colours 😔 Currently I have 12 colours and I'm bored of them - is buying 2 or 3 a month enough? Well it's all I could afford.

Thanks in advance, Shakira x

Hi Shakira,

Listen, don't be buying stock in by over stretching yourself. If 2/3 a month is what you can afford, then purchase 2/3. As long as you have your basic French and colour palette, your good to go. Don't forget about layering colours, they will give you some more to choose from, plus your additives changes tones etc. You'll be fine xxx

I totally agree with Lady - carry on buying a few at a time or maybe set aside an amount from every service you do towards new stock. So, if you put a fiver aside for each client you can buy a new colour every 'x' number of weeks.

It's good to get into the habit of putting a percentage aside for stock as it means you always have a budget there when you need things. Good luck building your collection and business x

I agree, if that is what you can afford, then build slowly. Don't forget that layering with Shellac increases your colour range to more than just 12.

I've had shellac since it was launched and in the beginning we only had a few colours to choose from so don't worry we've all had to start somewhere. Get creative with layering, if you've got glitter or gems that helps pep things up. Don't over stretch yourself, slow and steady always wins.

Karaxxx

Don't forget additives and glitters! They are a few pounds each and creative different colours :)

Thanks for advice guys! ☺️☺️

Latest posts

Back