Shellac colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfl

cfl
Reaction score
Hi there
I am at last getting to grips with Shellac after training 2 weeks ago. I have found that Fedora doesn't seem to last as good as the lighter colours.
The question is could some of you recommend some nice colours. I only have the ones in the kit, french, Fedora, Wildfire and Rosebud.
I would like to know if any of you have an idea on a range of colours that are used more often. I think a burgundy type, a coral, a brown and a colour that is one of those that is kind of beige, but not too light.
Obviously I'm looking for a range of about 6 or 7 as I can't afford them all yet!

Thanks to anyone who has time to answer.;);)
One other thing, do you all tend to buy the removers or make your own cotton wool and foil

I love
Hotski
Purple purple
Iced cappuccino
Blackpool
Midnight swim

I use lint free wipes wrapped in silver foil cut into squares :)

thank you. Heard tutti frutti is good too

Tropix is a must for my clients!
They also love Asphalt!
Hot chillis, azure wish, Masquarade, rock royalty these are just some of my clients favourites! Me on the other hand I love cocoa and iced cappuccino. But definitely get additives then you can make your own colours. No just buy them all. Hehe I wish x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep tutti fruitti is lovely and get the additives if poss

I forgot to add
Coral - tropix
Burgandy - Masquarade
A beige type colour id say cocoa!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

thanks, will go for those, seem a good choice, sorry will look in my catalogue for the additives too, any favourites, wonder why they do that instead of just making the polish cheaper and more colours?

Hi ya! CND Shellac Pink Bikini is one a lot of my clients choose. Also, Decadence is a winner. Hope that helps x

Definitely add Clearly Pink, it's good for applying over Rockstars and great for those clients who aren't allowed to wear color due to their job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there
I am at last getting to grips with Shellac after training 2 weeks ago. I have found that Fedora doesn't seem to last as good as the lighter colours.
The question is could some of you recommend some nice colours. I only have the ones in the kit, french, Fedora, Wildfire and Rosebud.
I would like to know if any of you have an idea on a range of colours that are used more often. I think a burgundy type, a coral, a brown and a colour that is one of those that is kind of beige, but not too light.
Obviously I'm looking for a range of about 6 or 7 as I can't afford them all yet!

Thanks to anyone who has time to answer.;);)
One other thing, do you all tend to buy the removers or make your own cotton wool and foil

Coral - Tropix
Burgundy - Masquerade or the brand new Tinted Love might be a good option
Brown - well you already have Fedora but if you wanted something a bit lighter try the new Burnt Romance, a great rusty brown perfect for autumn
Beige - Cocoa or maybe Rubble

I'd also add a bright pink - Tutti Frutti is a favourite as is Pink Bikini, but if I had to chose one, I'd go for Tutti Frutti

It might be a good idea to invest in a purple too. Grape Gum is gorgeous - kind of Cadbury Purple, but personally I find it a bit difficult to apply - it tends to shrink back from the free edge and needs 3 coats, but if you can deal with that, the colour is worth it. If not try Rock Royalty

I use cotton pads and foil for removal. I have a big bag of the Shellac remover wraps so I do keep having a go with these as I think they look more professional, but I tend to find them a bit fiddly, I can work quicker with the foil - guess I just need to keep practicing lol

HTH x

Latest posts

Back