Shellac cracking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb78

Reaction score
Well just when I thought all my dramas with Shellac seemed to be over... a new one has started this week (will it ever end?!! Ha!) I have had two clients say they have had cracks in their Shellac - one was top to bottom on a nail, the other was left to right on three nails?? Any ideas geeks (I've done a thread search on here, but can't find any 'cracking' info) I give my clients the correct aftercare advice and have only this week double checked my aftercare sheet with an experienced Shellac'er and mine was all correct, so I've no idea how this is happening?? x

If Shellac is cracking, it must be something the client is doing. If you are doing everything correctly and using the proper lamp, then I think it's the client. Sounds like they could have banged a nail or used it as a tool, thus causing the crack.

Just because we give them aftercare advice, doesn't mean they follow it.

I agree with Deanosnana and also I bet they are not using Solar Oil as they should.

Do you really expect Shellac or any other coloured UV Polish to be indestructible? Are you telling your clients their service is guaranteed?
Are you making promises to your clients that no product can deliver?

What do you say to your clients before they leave the nail desk?? I bet it goes something like this ... " If you have any problems just give me a ring!"

I would never ever say that to a client. You are inviting them to expect problems and they are ringing you!!!

I say, "I know you will love wearing Shellac and if you have any questions regarding the instructions on the aftercare sheet just give me a call." Guess what, they never call me with questions and we don't have many moaning clients.

Last edited:
Haha, Geeg I have said that a few times of late I think... after all the drama's I've had with Shellac, I'm almost expecting something to go wrong!!

I agree that it does seem like something they would have done, but both ladies are regular clients (new converts to Shellac) who I trust and who were just giving me some feedback (they also don't know each other). It's very annoying as I know I am a good beautician and for example, my LCN nail extensions are perfect... not being big headed there, just been doing it for a long time and it's down to experience, so to have something that keeps going wrong is very disappointing.

Would be good to get to the bottom of why it would crack - it does seem weird, I immediately thought I bet they are not using solar oil or similar, as it does seem like a typical dehydration issue, but they say they are - so who knows??!

Thanks for the feedback x

Haha, Geeg I have said that a few times of late I think... after all the drama's I've had with Shellac, I'm almost expecting something to go wrong!!

I agree that it does seem like something they would have done, but both ladies are regular clients (new converts to Shellac) who I trust and who were just giving me some feedback (they also don't know each other). It's very annoying as I know I am a good beautician and for example, my LCN nail extensions are perfect... not being big headed there, just been doing it for a long time and it's down to experience, so to have something that keeps going wrong is very disappointing.

Would be good to get to the bottom of why it would crack - it does seem weird, I immediately thought I bet they are not using solar oil or similar, as it does seem like a typical dehydration issue, but they say they are - so who knows??!

Thanks for the feedback x

What have they converted from ... Hard gel? Hello! Not surprised. Enhancement clients are not UV-cured-colour clients .. They are used to being way too hard on their nails. Choose your Shellac clients wisely and you won't have problems.

Latest posts

Back