Shellac done 3 days ago, your opinion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreyaBeauty

Reaction score
Hello geeks,
I had my nails done with shellac on Friday night at a pamper party!
I'd love your opinion on these?!

I use bio sculpture myself and would like to get into shellac but have to say not that impressed, already chipped! I think I have just been unlucky and had a bad set done!

Love to know your opinion on my nails, should I stick with bio sculpture! I love how shinny and smooth they look with shellac tho!

Thanks guys : )

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322502490.313913.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322502490.313913.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 866
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322502557.344399.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322502557.344399.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 799
As it was done at a pamper party i would say this was a rushed job! As will not perform like it should do! Contact the host and maybe see if you can have it re done? But by the looks of your nails it doesnt look like youve been using your solar oil twice a day? X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Oooo, not a very good application at all. I hope you didn't pay much because that's very poor quality work.

I don't use shellac but I paint normal nails better than that. Thats shocking, should there be so much regrowth?

As it was done at a pamper party i would say this was a rushed job! As will not perform like it should do! Contact the host and maybe see if you can have it re done? But by the looks of your nails it doesnt look like youve been using your solar oil twice a day? X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

She didn't mention solar oil! I've used my bio oil on them. It was very rushed, no consultation or aftercare, she didn't even ask how I'd like them filed, I never let anyone do my nails as I can do a great job on myself, thought it would be a nice treat! Thanks for your advice : )

Oooo, not a very good application at all. I hope you didn't pay much because that's very poor quality work.

Hi gr8nailz hope your ok! That's what

I don't even rate my polishing skills that highly but this work is shockingly terrible - I'd contact her for a re-do!!!

Looks like a bad job to me hun. I had Shellac done on Friday as I really wanted to give the product a second chance having had a poor experience before but this time round was worse!

My issue is clearly all down to the tech so I was hoping to just see how well it lasts and ignore the shoddy paintwork, but as she got so much on the sidewalls it is starting to lift already :-(.

I so want to give it a fair trial but I am clearly lacking in fab Shellac techs in my area :-( xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322503302.675424.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322503302.675424.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 657
That is my 2 yr old for u!

Anyway gr8nailz yes poor job I thought, didn't pay much but would have still liked them to at least look nicer then this after a few days?!

Should I contact the lady?! X

Looks like a bad job to me hun. I had Shellac done on Friday as I really wanted to give the product a second chance having had a poor experience before but this time round was worse!

My issue is clearly all down to the tech so I was hoping to just see how well it lasts and ignore the shoddy paintwork, but as she got so much on the sidewalls it is starting to lift already :-(.

I so want to give it a fair trial but I am clearly lacking in fab Shellac techs in my area :-( xx

Oh dear, yours look way too thick, mine are too thin you can see patches of my natural nail still!

Shame as everyone says its amazing! I asked the thec if she can do her own shellac "oh god no" was her reply....says alot hey!! X

Wow. It's so thick and you're right, it's not the product, it's the tech who's applying it.

I hope both of you can find a good Shellac tech in your respective areas because Shellac done properly is absolutely beautiful and durable.

My bio sculptures on myself! Think I'll stick to doing my own ; )) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322504208.817246.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322504208.817246.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 533
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322504303.122442.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322504303.122442.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 516
Yes that really is a bad job (both of them) Shouldn't be either too thick or to thin as the 2 above! Are there no local geeks on here??

They have not been applied at all well. I can shellac my own nails 100% better than both the geeks who have posted photos here.
Even if it was a rushed job, she should still take pride in her work and do a good job-its basic polish application to know how to work with the curvature of the nail and not touch the cuticle or sidewalls!
I would forget about her personally, but dont be disheartened at the amazingness (i know its not a word haha) of shellac and to Gemstar-even more reason for you to offer shellac if 'techs' in your area are producing nails like this eek!

Thanks gr8nailz...going to see if I can get them done again by someone cnd trained as this lady didn't even have the real lamp or full system, they were cheap products to remove etc, shame! : ( xx

They have not been applied at all well. I can shellac my own nails 100% better than both the geeks who have posted photos here.
Even if it was a rushed job, she should still take pride in her work and do a good job-its basic polish application to know how to work with the curvature of the nail and not touch the cuticle or sidewalls!
I would forget about her personally, but dont be disheartened at the amazingness (i know its not a word haha) of shellac and to Gemstar-even more reason for you to offer shellac if 'techs' in your area are producing nails like this eek!

Very good point thank you. I like the product as in how they shine and appear but just not the job I had done : ( also mine have chipped so it doesn't give me a great idea of how they last! Thanks x

Pretty. But it is nice to be pampered sometimes.

It is! Are shellac meant to be taken over the top of the nail? Like you do with bio sculpture or Jessica polish etc? Prevents chipping from top down? Thanks gr8nailz x

We lightly swipe the free edge with each coat. Is that what you mean?

Latest posts

Back