Shellac done 3 days ago, your opinion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good point thank you. I like the product as in how they shine and appear but just not the job I had done : ( also mine have chipped so it doesn't give me a great idea of how they last! Thanks x
They last as advertised, 2 weeks+ IF done properly which includes using the lamp - 'techs' like this are really irritating as they give a brilliant product a bad name!

We lightly swipe the free edge with each coat. Is that what you mean?

Yes, that's what I mean! This lady didnt, which I guess is why they are chopping thank you : )) x

Chipping even*

I am going to look into training as if I do them I would like to be the one people come back to ;) thanks for advice ladies x

I don't know how much you paid, but I think you're certainly entitled to a re-service. That's a shoddy application, at best. In a different set of circumstances, she may do a better job. She may have felt rushed, pressed for time, but again, there's no excuse for work like that.

We're here to sell a product. For someone who's never had Shellac before, what would make you want it again after an application like that?

If she doesn't use the right lamp then I would just get a refund or different treatment. You would more than likely chip still if that's the case :/

Just noticed that comment about her not using the entire system.

Don't even bother with a re-service. Just get a refund or another service and find a qualified Shellac technician and experience it for real!

Ok, thank you for your advice! I paid £10, but still, I'd like them to have lasted longer then 3 days :(

I am going to look around and find somewhere that has a good reputation for shellac in my area!
Thanks x

Last edited:
Not a good job. Like anything, the job is only as good as the operator. Let me do them for you. lol

Not a good job. Like anything, the job is only as good as the operator. Let me do them for you. lol

Oooo Gigi can we start forming a line now.
I would never wash my hands again if you did my nails :biggrin: well I would but wow I'm sure you know what I mean :hug:

Vicki xx

Thank you G but too many miles and a flight later the bill would be too massive ;) xx

Looks like a bad job to me hun. I had Shellac done on Friday as I really wanted to give the product a second chance having had a poor experience before but this time round was worse!

My issue is clearly all down to the tech so I was hoping to just see how well it lasts and ignore the shoddy paintwork, but as she got so much on the sidewalls it is starting to lift already :-(.

I so want to give it a fair trial but I am clearly lacking in fab Shellac techs in my area :-( xx
There are 2 amazing techs in your area who are both actually CND Ambassadors, one a shellac Ambassador and the other a full ea
Liza Smith at Bodylines | Nails like no other - Liza smith nail artist to the celebs and her Daughter Jemma.
They would ensure you had the perfect treatment.

And Freya there is a Shellac EA in stratford-upon-avon if you wanted to get them done properly to compare how they last.
Gemma Pinfield-Thomas who is also a geek on here http://www.salongeek.com/members/up+to+scratch.html
Those are really shoddy work and I would definately contact the lady in question and ask for a refund especially as you haven't had the full "Shellac" service.
Jen xx

And Freya there is a Shellac EA in stratford-upon-avon if you wanted to get them done properly to compare how they last.
Gemma Pinfield-Thomas who is also a geek on here http://www.salongeek.com/members/up+to+scratch.html
Those are really shoddy work and I would definately contact the lady in question and ask for a refund especially as you haven't had the full "Shellac" service.
Jen xx

Jen, while you're here, I'd like to ask a Shellac removal protocol question.

Is it ever appropriate to use a metal pusher for product removal after soaking?

Jen, while you're here, I'd like to ask a Shellac removal protocol question.

Is it ever appropriate to use a metal pusher for product removal after soaking?
No! NEVER!!!!
We dont teach using a metal tool to scrape shellac off. If the shellac has been wrapped correctly for 10 mins, then massaged before removal an orangewood or Birchwood stick is sufficient enough to remove the softened product, if there are any stubborn bits of base coat or colour left I use a plastic backed pad and scrub the nail and it comes off easily.
No one should ever use a metal tool as you will more than likely damage the natural nail which undo's everyting that shellac is based on, Natural nail product.
HTH hunni
Jen xxx

No! NEVER!!!!
We dont teach using a metal tool to scrape shellac off. If the shellac has been wrapped correctly for 10 mins, then massaged before removal an orangewood or Birchwood stick is sufficient enough to remove the softened product, if there are any stubborn bits of base coat or colour left I use a plastic backed pad and scrub the nail and it comes off easily.
No one should ever use a metal tool as you will more than likely damage the natural nail which undo's everyting that shellac is based on, Natural nail product.
HTH hunni
Jen xxx

Here's yet another protocol to which our team leader is not adhering and which she has trained the other nail techs to follow...incorrectly.

Jeezuz....I need a new job...and a drink. Not necessarily in that order. :wink2:

Thanks, Jen.

I'm sorry but that person did a shocking job on your nails!!! This is my writing hand (the one I struggle to do!!) a week after initial application! A little regrowth, but still in tact otherwise!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322512225.640552.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322512225.640552.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 268
Here's yet another protocol to which our team leader is not adhering and which she has trained the other nail techs to follow...incorrectly.

Jeezuz....I need a new job...and a drink. Not necessarily in that order. :wink2:

Thanks, Jen.

OMG really? Hunni get out. And why is she training the other techs instead of them having official shellac training?
I would contact your local CND area rep and have a word with them, especially as the spa is certified, I am sure CND wouldn't be happy if that is the case.
Big :hug: babe xoxoxo

Latest posts

Back