Shellac Faux Fur-anyone have a pic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi am at a long hospital appt today with limited Internet on my phone so can't search and am putting in a s2 order shortly. Am thinking of getting faux fur but not exactly sure what this shade looks like in real life so does anyone have a pic please? Is it opaque (in 2 coats)? Is it a popular colour? and is it very different to rubble? (which I have)
Thanks muchly geeks x

I don't have a picture but its totally different to rubble! It's opaque in 2 coats and its the colour of dairy milk xx

HI

Its not a popular one for us at all. For popular browns: Fedora and dark lava.

Thanks ladies. Hmm might leave it then if its not popular as I have fedora and dark lava
Thanks for your help x

I may be too late to help, but thought you should see the colour before thinking it's not for you. It's a rich chocolate brown, although I have layered Gold VIP Status over it in this pic.

Hope this helps :)

picture.php

I may be too late to help, but thought you should see the colour before thinking it's not for you. It's a rich chocolate brown, although I have layered Gold VIP Status over it in this pic.

picture.php

That's so helpful, thank you :)
I didn't order it in the end but may add it to my next order after seeing that pic. Is it a better consistency to apply than fedora? Out of all my colours fedora is always a nightmare to apply so am cautious that faux fur isn't like it too?
Thanks again chick x

I havn't picked up on any sort of issue applying Faux Fur and I understand when people mention Fedora!

FF really is lovely and I have a feeling I have layerd Vexed Violet over it and made a kind of metallic grey.

I'm glad it helped. :)

I havn't picked up on any sort of issue applying Faux Fur and I understand when people mention Fedora!

FF really is lovely and I have a feeling I have layerd Vexed Violet over it and made a kind of metallic grey.

I'm glad it helped. :)

Thanks Nicole that's a big help x

picture.php

Gggrrrr why did I look at this thread. I want faux fur now lol. Right I think I'm just going to do it and order the last 4 I don't have in my next order! Xx

I'm probably too late but Faux Fur is a beautiful chocolate brown.

What helps my clients is this description:
Fedora is the colour of Galaxy Minstrels
Faux Fur is the colour of Dairy Milk :)

It has a creamier consistency to Fedora and is TOTALLY opaque in 2 coats.

I'll share a pic with you but it is lighter in person!

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365463514.405082.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365463514.405082.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,177

Xxx

Faux Fur just makes you want to eat it! I love your descriptions. :)

Xxx

That's lovely! I hate fedora (its a nightmare to apply - sticky, gloopy, patchy) so will get faux fur to replace it. Thanks for your help x

Latest posts

Back