Shellac french just not staying.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Effect

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm sorry for the 101 th thread on a shellac problem but I need some advice urgently as I'm seeing this lady on Monday.

She a pestering client who comes in and insists on talking to me whilst I have clients etc well she is a shellac French client. Her nails are quite long naturally but about 3 weeks ago I shellaced her, all the usual steps, pep,scrub fresh, base coat - cure 10 sec, negligee - 2 mins, then the white - 2 mins, top coat. I kept the white really thin the first time then 4 days after having it done she came into the salon and 2 fingers were yellow! ( Ive since put that down to her smoking tobacco) and a couple were chipping/cracking I found out She had tried to soak the tips in bleach to whiten them up, which it did but then went away for a week to Tunisia.

So after putting both problems down to the smoking and chipping down to the soaking in bleach she paid for me to reshellac last week. Well she has come in again this time 4/5 chipping again! The only thing I did differently was keep the white thinner than the last time and did 2 thin coats.

I'm at a professional crossroads. Do I charge her to reshellac? Do I not charge? Could it be the soaking in the bleach is making her nails flake which is causing the rip-chip? (from my experience shellac doesn't chip it delaminates and then gets snagged) I need suggestions :cry: she's the only problem client Ive had with shellac so far. The first couple of times she had it, it stayed on fine.

* Forgot to add that I am using my old brisa lamp, that hasnt seen a fulls years worth of usage more like 3 months.

Last edited:
I certainly dont think the bleach helped! Clients sometimes are their own worst enemy as we dont know what they do to their nails when they leave the salon.

I would definately charge to reshellac a client, maybe she is a heavy handed client who perhaps needs more or a gel overlay with a builder gel in it to sustain the wear and tear. I always asses the clients lifestyle and occupation before deciding which would be the best for their nails. Hope this is of some help to you.:hug:

Have you tried Negligee over the white and then the topcoat after that? I find this method is more longer lasting. Although the whites are whiter if you do it the other way round!! Maybe two coats of topcoat might work with this particular client tho?

hth,
Francesca
x

The top coat idea sounds good as she likes her whites, white. The builder idea might also be good as she does seem to like her nails the length they are (around 1.5 cm free edge).

I guess the flaking isnt my fault so I should charge her? I really do not think the soaking in the bleach 3 weeks ago helped her free edge. Thanks for your ideas ladies, i shal try them out and see what happens x :hug:

We're always telling clients, including Shellac ones, to treat their nails with care, wear gloves etc, so you should definitely charge her if she admits to soaking her nails in bleach!! And you know that it only happens with her, not your other clients, so I wouldn't feel guilty about it x

Latest posts

Back