Shellac Future Fushia fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizzyD

Reaction score
Hi all, just had a client return with having worn future fushia and its faded terribly. Anyone else had this problem?

Haven't got that colour but have had issues with other shellac pinks/reds

I've used FF on quite a few clients now and no signs of fading
Perhaps your client is in contact with some chemicals that bleach? Swimming , jacuzzi etc

Had your client been abroad somewhere hot?

It does fade and it looks more like pale pink shimmer rather than the bright pink [emoji16]

Mine has faded the first day on holidays. I wasn't swimming and was wiping the sun lotion off . And two more customers had the same issues
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460551933.049066.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460551958.017940.jpg

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know what top coat was used on the people who have experienced fading.
I always use the express top coat and have had no fading issues.
Sometimes I have done 3 coats of colour, perhaps this makes a difference with FF?

I used express top coat xx

The specific pigment used in pinks is the most unstable of them all, and this is generally across all brands, and as a result is prone to fading in the right circumstances. They tend to be strong sunshine, sun protection, chlorine amongst others, all the things we usually encounter in one degree or another when on holiday.

You can steer your clients away from the pinks if you know they're going abroad, or apply 2 x top coat, or even better apply a layer of glitter over the top.

In the home care advice sheet I give clients the first time they have shellac with me, warnings about sun, swimming , chlorine etc so at least I have pre-warned them if it should happen.

A client has just returned from holiday, I applied Future fushia and I used express top coat and hers had faded and also felt tacky from day one on holiday. I advised her to rinse/wipe hand off after applying sun lotion, she washed them in the pool[emoji22] I think that's why they were tacky the chlorine was attacking the topcoat.

I applied this colour this week. I sat outside for two hour the next day. In ABERDEEN!!!!!!. And it has faded. I thought it was also a really gloopy colour to apply. I have never had this problem with tutti frutti which I wear most summers. How can you offer this to a client knowing how unstable it is? This cannot be okay?

Edit: I did wear sunscreen which I applied wearing a glove!!!!

I've had a client in the same situation, 2nd day of her holiday, I told her this could happen and applied a Jessica brilliance top coat as extra uv protection, she followed all aftercare, she was so disappointed, will have to redo at my cost [emoji19]

The specific pigment used in pinks is the most unstable of them all, and this is generally across all brands, and as a result is prone to fading in the right circumstances. They tend to be strong sunshine, sun protection, chlorine amongst others, all the things we usually encounter in one degree or another when on holiday.

You can steer your clients away from the pinks if you know they're going abroad, or apply 2 x top coat, or even better apply a layer of glitter over the top.

Perhaps if a client chooses this colour for a hot holiday, apply a layer of neon pink pigment in between colour layers?
Anyone tried this yet?

Also, out of interest, are people still having fading issues if 3 coats of colour are applied?

So sad to hear FF fades as I love this colour. I vaguely remember a previous post, that suggested a coat of Clearly pink then top coat helps reduce fading. This was for Tropix and Gotcha which are also faders, but the principal is the same.

I had it on for my holiday in Cyprus it faded to a pale pink

So disappointed, it took me months to convince myself to buy it, I applied it to my toes to see how it wears and it had faded in 3 days. I won't lie I wear flip flops a lot but it was probably a whole 6 hours sun exposure, no sun cream, no chemical at all actually, the new top coat, and it's winter.

Gutted, I only really offer nails for friends ATM and I'm the only one who wears pink, so that was a waste of $30 [emoji24] if I'd known it was that bad if have bought tropix instead

So disappointed, it took me months to convince myself to buy it, I applied it to my toes to see how it wears and it had faded in 3 days. I won't lie I wear flip flops a lot but it was probably a whole 6 hours sun exposure, no sun cream, no chemical at all actually, the new top coat, and it's winter.

Gutted, I only really offer nails for friends ATM and I'm the only one who wears pink, so that was a waste of $30 [emoji24] if I'd known it was that bad if have bought tropix instead
from what I've read here, tropix too is a fader... haven't tried it personally yet though

from what I've read here, tropix too is a fader... haven't tried it personally yet though

I have had tropix a few times on my toes (which I actually treat worse than my hands hahaha, I wear thongs around the horses but can't stand not wearing gloves [emoji23]) and it's lasted well, I definitely get more ware out of that than I have out of future fuschia, I already have tutti frutti so had spent up until literally 3 weeks ago debating if I wanted future fuschia or tropix (or another colour altogether) and bit the bullet and bought FF, wish I hadn't now [emoji25]

Perhaps if a client chooses this colour for a hot holiday, apply a layer of neon pink pigment in between colour layers?
Anyone tried this yet?

Also, out of interest, are people still having fading issues if 3 coats of colour are applied?
I always apply 3 coats of future fuchsia and use express 5 top coat. I had a client today who's just come back from holiday and they've faded horrendously! Needless to say she wasn't best pleased as she said they started fading on the first day of her holiday and she doesn't like pale pinks!

After reading all these posts about FF fading I thought I would test it out on myself as none of my clients seemed to have noticed or commented.

I did base + 2 coats FF + X press top coat + Konad stamped design + top coat again.

After about 10 days I thought I would touch up a couple of bare patches on free edges. The difference in colour was very noticeable!
As I am closeted in my treatment room all week my nails had only been in the British sun for short periods at weekends.

I think I'll try it again with some pigment added to see if that keeps the colour better.

Now I will be advising clients if they choose this colour of the fade (however, I actually like the faded colour...[emoji4][emoji4]) !!

Latest posts

Back