Shellac, Gelish or Gelax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
Which gel polish is most popular? Which one lasts longest? X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

hey I've used gelax and couldn't get on with it at all found product quite runny! ! I havnt used gelish tho I only use shellac it's amazing highly recommend it hth x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Gelish for me lots of colours last much longer than shellac but shellac is not a gel its a hybrid :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I like the look of gelish as there's more colour choice but everyone's talking about shellac! How long does gelish last? X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I love shellac but as said its a hybrid power polish, I use gellux to but I'm looking to change to either cuccio or gelish, so going to test bth and decide y time I go to excel in February.

Gelish is a Gel polish, Shellac is a power polish or a hybrid (use the top right hand search button to find out more if you need). With Shellac you have no need to remove the shine on the nail plate. Shellac doesnt have so much colour choice as Gelish, although you can achived amazing combinations with layering Shellac and/or additives glitter etc. Shellac gives your nails a little coat of armour. Where as (I think) Gelish gives a little strength. In my area (maybe it differs area to area) People ask me for Shellac by name. Ive not used Gelish yet so I am sure another Tech can fill you in on that, but I am in Love with Shellac and have never been able to grow my natural nails, but with the suit of armour Shellac gives them, they are growing beautifully. :)

Gelish advertise up to 3 weeks shellac upto 2 weeks :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I have tried both Shellac and Gelish, my nails grew better with Gelish. I am now using Gelish on my clients, and as the top it off top coat is acetone resistant I can wear it on my own nails whilst working on clients with no need to wear gloves! When wearing Shellac the acetone damaged the finish on my nails. I have seen Gelish last for 4 weeks on some clients who are light on their hands. They only come back when the regrowth is too bad. So for me Gelish rules! :)

Acetone never damages the finish on my shellac when I'm with clients and I have been wearing it for the past 3 months. So that isn't true.
And my clients can get 3 weeks with their shellac but why would anyone want to advertise that?
Surely You want to get clients back every 2 weeks for maintenance and re- shellac/ gelish.
Plus regrowth doesn't look nice after 3 weeks with any product!

i have been trained in shellac and i found that it lasted a lot longer then gelish, however I did shellac on myself when my nails where in a much better condition than they are now, so I think it comes down to what state they are in!

i have been trained in shellac and i found that it lasted a lot longer then gelish, however I did shellac on myself when my nails where in a much better condition than they are now, so I think it comes down to what state they are in!

Have used both and it's Gelish for me.

I love gelish and have had no problems on other people or on my toe nails but never lasts longer that 4 days on my own nails. they r very weak and brittle and flakey so will be getting some sculpture gel to help!

They are different products, with a similar end result - long-lasting colour.

They each have different plus points but, having never used gelish, I can't give you a personal recommendation for it.

I've had shellac on my nails for 4+ weeks, but the regrowth was horrendous and I got sick of the colour - or else, I could've had it on for much longer. The 8-minute removal and general amazeballs that is CND does it for me.

However, no matter how great my products is, I would never encourage my clients to wait 3/4 weeks before coming back to me. It's not good business sense, and the regrowth is awful.

I have tried both Shellac and Gelish, my nails grew better with Gelish. I am now using Gelish on my clients, and as the top it off top coat is acetone resistant I can wear it on my own nails whilst working on clients with no need to wear gloves! When wearing Shellac the acetone damaged the finish on my nails. I have seen Gelish last for 4 weeks on some clients who are light on their hands. They only come back when the regrowth is too bad. So for me Gelish rules! :)

hold on, isnt the Harmony Gelish remover acetone based product??

hold on, isnt the Harmony Gelish remover acetone based product??

Obviously. What Perrenialpear was saying is that Gelish TIO is acetone resistant not acetone proof.

Gelish for me having tried both. I like the strength, shine, LED cure and colour range. I don't like layering.

Lots of people say that clients ring asking for a particular product. In my area I have only ever had anyone phoning asking for Bio Sculpture by name (and that's only been about 3 times in 8 years). No one else has ever asked for anything by name.

Try them both out for yourself before investing, its a big decision.

Obviously. What Perrenialpear was saying is that Gelish TIO is acetone resistant not acetone proof.

I see, so resistant enough that the acetone wont damage your own nails when using it on a client but still good to soak the gelish off, correct? :)

once i'm on the subject.. does it have to be harmony gelish remover to remove gelish or would other acetone (the edge, for example) do the trick just as well?

thanks <3

I see, so resistant enough that the acetone wont damage your own nails when using it on a client but still good to soak the gelish off, correct? :)

once i'm on the subject.. does it have to be harmony gelish remover to remove gelish or would other acetone (the edge, for example) do the trick just as well?

thanks <3

Yes that's right.

Any acetone based remover will work. Personally, I prefer D-Solve by S2, its about a sixth of the price of Harmony and works better.

it is rather pricey, that's why i got 'edge':) i think i'll try dsolve next. thanks a lot

I want what is best for my clients. Sometimes, it's a financial reason they cannot come every 2 weeks. Sometimes it is inconvenient to come that often. If they wear French manicure (pink/white), they can wear them 3 weeks easily. Some clients can get away with 3 week apptmts. Some cannot. I will not do a 4 week client. My clients go 2 or 3 weeks-it depends what is best for them. Think of your clients first and they will respond favorably.

I use both gelish and shellac. Gelish feels stronger on the nail and lasts a couple of days longer than shellac. Shellac have better colors for french manicure.

My clients dont look at what brand it is they go for what color they like.
Both are very good quality products.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1382995158945.jpg
    1382995158945.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 105

Latest posts

Back