Shellac has faded on index fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsara

Reaction score
Hiya, I have done a ladies nails with Shellac in Hotski To Tchotchke and a few days later she got in touch to say the colour has faded on some nails. In the meantime she painted over them with a similar blue nail polish. She arrived today and I have removed her nail polish and have taken a picture of her faded nails to see if you can shed any light on it. She is a smoker and yes there is a little nicotine staining, but would that make the colour fade? She is also on steriods, but I though it would affect all the nails not just certain ones. If you have any suggestions as to why this has happened then please let me know.

Attachments

• DSC_0701.jpg
    DSC_0701.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC_0702.jpg
    DSC_0702.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,146
Shellac top coat is slightly porous, hence its so easy to soak off.... tiny tunnels....
Nicotine will penetrate and change the colour, holding her cigarette constantly between her index and middle finger will increase the nicotine absorbtion on the shellac top coat.
Hence discolouration, tell her to put her ciggie in the ashtray between puffs xxxxx
I am a smoker and yes it used to happen to me, not very attractive, so I changed my holding habbit xxxx
Just my thoughts xxxxx

Latest posts

Back