Shellac issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SapphireBeaux

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone had a similar problem. My client says she is only getting 4 days max out of her shellac. She is my only client having this problem, everyone else is always 2/3 weeks. The change seems to be during/after pregnancy. Also to mention though is that she has Botox in her hands because she has overactive sweat glands and the Botox stops it. However that is running out now and no longer as effective as it once was. Could this be a factor causing her to have problems? Really hoping there is some kind of magical answer for her and me. My prep is the same as always, even tried with BL Smoothing but seems to be not helping.

Thanks in advance.

The over active sweat glands on the hands could certainly be affecting it. Whilst we know that nails don't produce oil/sweat it can certainly be transferred onto the nail plate. Perhaps double dehydrate with Scrubfresh and nail fresh. Also maybe do one hand at a time so, do cuticle work on both hands, but dehydrate then immediately go onto base coat and cure for first hand and then repeat on the second. Failing that, although I've never needed to do this, I've read on here that others have, you could try nail prime after dehydrating to see if that helps too x

Thank you pure. I will certainly try x

Let us know if it works! X

Hi, I recently had the same problem with a client. All my other clients get several weeks wear with their shellac however this particular lady said they all came off after 6 days and had caused absolutely no damage to the nail plate at all, she was 32 weeks pregnant. I was mortified as I've never had that happen in the whole time that I've been offering shellac. I offered to re do them free of charge but did a little research on pregnancy and shellac and found that this can occur with women during pregnancy, I advised her of this when I reapplied them and she was absolutely fine. I double dehydrated the nail plate but she only got about 8 days out of them the 2nd time.
Sorry I can't help but wanted to let u know I've experienced it too xx

Last edited:
Thank you. I wonder how long after pregnancy this should still last?! Feels like a bit of a cop out to blame pregnancy but when it's the only client who has a problem, naturally that comes to mind! It's so frustrating isn't it x

It can take months for pregnancy hormones to settle down, I was still losing my hair a year after I had my little boy so it's really difficult to say. I know I felt like that too but when you 100% know you've done everything correctly and you have no other issues with any other clients then it's difficult to think what else it could possibly be x

I find that using Liquid Bond on chip prone client's nails does the trick. After I scrubfresh nails, swipe Liquid Bond across the tip of the nail and then carry on as normal with base coat, colour coats and top coat.

I find that using Liquid Bond on chip prone client's nails does the trick. After I scrubfresh nails, swipe Liquid Bond across the tip of the nail and then carry on as normal with base coat, colour coats and top coat.

I'm going to try this on myself (currently 39+5 pregnant) NOTHING will stay on my nails at the minute. My nails are usually very healthy but during pregnancy they go paper thin and break constantly.

Latest posts

Back