Shellac layering colour not true

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyGillo

Reaction score
Hi did my shellac brings them back course on Tues it was a fantastic morning our trainer Sarah was excellent. Been practising all week good results getting quicker each set all going well until today My first paying client a regular manicure lady who's been with me for years wanted one of the layering colours on the colour chart. It was purple purple with moonlight and roses the result was nothing like the chart????? I felt really embarrassed I offered to remove and redo but she was ok I could tell she didn't love the colour. Feel nervous about layering now and thank goodness she was my final client today it took me ages because we kept checking the colour and examining the chart. We think there may have been a type error on the chart? Anyone else had this happen?

I believe that one is an error on the chart.

I think its rubble with m&r layered over.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok thanks just hope it hasn't put her off she has her nails done every week she was really looking forward to her first set of Shellac x

Ok thanks just hope it hasn't put her off she has her nails done every week she was really looking forward to her first set of Shellac x

Just explain that its an error on the chart and apologise. Thats all you can do really. It's a pain when the colours aren't true to life.

If your ever in doubt then you can get your bottom colour and then layer over the top colour on the bottom colour bottle and the colour shows on there.

Think I've just confused myself lol. Maybe some can explain a bit better than I have :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I get you it's took all night to sink in ha ha I will try that this morning. Thanks xx

Been there with that one! Complained to CND that they should at least put a notice on the site next to where it can be ordered as a warning!

Anyway it's not your fault. ;-)

Latest posts

Back