Shellac LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie.84

Reaction score
HI has anybody used the new shellac LED lamp? What are your thoughts on it? Would you recommend it? I'm currently using the shellac old uv lamps but they seem to be on its way out I've had them for years. I have read somewhere That they were going to stop selling old style lamps. I use my uv (shellac) lamps to cure shellac, calgel and glaze n go, so I would love to hear how other people have go on using these systems with the LED lamp. I am a mobile tech and don't want to be carrying different types of lamps about as I use two already.
I've heard it's great for speed so I wouldn't need two lamps, but I've not spoke to any who does calgel and uses the LED lamp so any recommendations on other lamps that I could use with these systems would be a great help. Thanks in advance Bernie.

HI has anybody used the new shellac LED lamp? What are your thoughts on it? Would you recommend it? I'm currently using the shellac old uv lamps but they seem to be on its way out I've had them for years. I have read somewhere That they were going to stop selling old style lamps. I use my uv (shellac) lamps to cure shellac, calgel and glaze n go, so I would love to hear how other people have go on using these systems with the LED lamp. I am a mobile tech and don't want to be carrying different types of lamps about as I use two already.
I've heard it's great for speed so I wouldn't need two lamps, but I've not spoke to any who does calgel and uses the LED lamp so any recommendations on other lamps that I could use with these systems would be a great help. Thanks in advance Bernie.
I love the speed of the led lamp but it is tricky sometimes to get my clients hands in the proper place. I have to make sure each time that they are right. Also the power cord is wonky. I have 2 LEDs right now and would love 2 more but I am waiting to see if they improve the lamp.

I really like my small compact cnd led light. The cord isn't a problem. On the base there are three grooves so you can choose what angle you want it at.
Liverpool lashes on you tube has done a video review of the new light.

Well I must have a defect as from day one the cord hasn't been able to stay in successfully and the lamp constantly cuts out with the slightest movement. I called S2 to tell them and they sent out a new cord...

...No difference. We are now on our third (as the second stopped sitting in totally) and we still have the same problem.

I will not buy anther of these poorly made lamps.

Is quite a disappointment as Shellac is our bread and butter treatment. I recounted yesterday (in case we needed a back up for the Xmas period) and we also have 5 of their UV Lamps, a Bio lamp and an Alessandro lamp

I love mine [emoji4]

Didn't get on with mine, sent it back

I took the plunge and got the LED lamp. it seams ok, no problems with the cord so far but I'm still worried clients are going to come back saying there nails have fell off lol. I'm just worried as its new and I've not heard great things about it. I'm just worried that the clients hand is not in the right position and under curing. Everything seams to be ok when I take the sticky layer off so fingers crossed they last.
I all so bought a new calgel lamp. In answer to my own question the LED won't cure calgel as it is a uv gel.

We have 8 of these lamps and they are amazing. So fast! There are dips in the base for clients to place their fingers so it's not that hard to work, you literally tell them to place their fingers in the grooves.

My cord comes out the grooves and moves about so I made it more secure with a bit of duck tape on the base. It's fine.

Maybe will send mine back then as it just does not want to stay plugged in. Shorts out constantly.

I seem to have had trouble curing iced cappuccino has anyone else experienced this? Maybe my bottle as I've had it for a while it hardly gets used. I've done all the usual prep ie shake bottle, prep nails ect. Every time the hand comes out its not cured, I used it on the ring finger and thumb. Just strange how the other colour cured on the other fingers but not this colour.

I seem to have had trouble curing iced cappuccino has anyone else experienced this? Maybe my bottle as I've had it for a while it hardly gets used. I've done all the usual prep ie shake bottle, prep nails ect. Every time the hand comes out its not cured, I used it on the ring finger and thumb. Just strange how the other colour cured on the other fingers but not this colour.
Might be time to get a new bottle. Also might need throwing around the room... I do this a lot when I'm shaking, it usually works better than my pitiful shaking haha x

I have exactly the same happen with Locket Love and I have to re-cure, it's a new bottle so I imagine it's something to do with the pigment as they're similar type colours...rather silly though since it was fine in my uv lamp..

I have 2 new cnd lamps and the cord is rubbish on both if them it's an extremely bad design the lead falls out and the wire seams to have a short ,not very happy :(

Mines only been wobbly a couple times and just push harder and it clicks in.

Latest posts

Back