Shellac lifting from tips - I think Im going to cry!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookbj

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly I love shellac and have shellac'ed all and sundry since last Wednesday, however i have a client i tried it with on wed eve and yesterday (sun) she said they are great, lovely gloss shine but a few are lifting from the tips??
I capped properly btw.

Im sure i read somewhere that geeg said shellac cant lift (i stand corrected if my goggle eyes deceived me) ?

This client does have thin thin thin nails and she always has a problem with any product i use staying on the tips. Nothing ever lifts from the cuticle - only tips.

So i have tried every technique I can think of to solve the problem and thought it was product, then perhaps it was me, but still they lift.

......then came shellac and i thought that would not lift - but it has!

It cant possibly be shellac, so it must be me!

Please help - what the heck is going on! lol

Thanks in advance

2 things come to mind
1) any chance as you know products normaly come off could you have over capped it? (as they say thin to win)
2nd)could it have been the client? Maybe running her fingers over it or nibbling or something?

I would never say that a product could absolutely never lift especially when you have used it on a client that has lifting no matter what product you use on her.

I would have to see those nails to ascertain if it is on ALL nails. Or just a few which would indicate to me that her problems are self inflicted.

Latest posts

Back