Shellac looking creased

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessJen83

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Can anyone help me please :)
I am a recently new CND shellac technician and not sure if I am doing something wrong.
Some of my colours seem to crease under the lamp. It's not usually too bad as once I do the 2nd colour coat and the top coat it seems to smooth out but today I used one layer of cream puff with some neon powder additives which just looked awful even after top coat, another additive layer and another top coat. Just don't know what I am doing wrong it didn't happen in my training days and I'm doing thin layers.....help please :) xxxx

Are you using the CND lamp? I used to have the same problem too. I recently switched over to the CND lamp after doing a workshop and finding out that not using the correct lamp can make the shellac wrinkle/shrink or applying it too thick can do this too

This is due to applying the colour too thick.
x

You will get this with the very light and the very dark colours when your application is too thick, go thinner and it'll be fine providing you're using the full system as you were trained.

Ok thanks everyone.
I am using the CND lamp and I am not applying it thick although it is quite a thick colour the cream puff so maybe I need to be even less generous.
Will give it a go thanks girls.

Ok thanks everyone.
I am using the CND lamp and I am not applying it thick although it is quite a thick colour the cream puff so maybe I need to be even less generous.
Will give it a go thanks girls.

The trick with cream puff is to go back over the nail with a clean brush to pull off all the excess. Also don't load the brush with too much with product when you very first start painting.

I agree, it sounds like the application is too thick.
Also, when you were trained were you told to shake shake shake the Shellac? I shake mine until my arm feels like it's about to drop off (just as a guide, lol).
This also helps to prevent wrinkles, shrinking and creasing. Especially with the thicker colours (cream puff).

HTH
x

Thanks girlies. Really appreciate the advice.
I do shake it a bit but I must admit not as much as they made me at creative academy ha ha!! I guess that's lazy and I need to go for it when i shake!
I like the clean brush idea too will try that.

Gosh I love salon geek!!!!!! Everyone so helpful xxx

Latest posts

Back