Shellac - nail art and glitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa D139

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the nail industry, I am using CND Shellac and love it. I would like to experiment with nail art and glitters and was wondering if you have to use the CND additives or if anyone uses any thing else. CND additives are quite expensive so was looking for cheaper options. Many Thanks Lisa:confused::confused:

Hi I am new to the nail industry, I am using CND Shellac and love it. I would like to experiment with nail art and glitters and was wondering if you have to use the CND additives or if anyone uses any thing else. CND additives are quite expensive so was looking for cheaper options. Many Thanks Lisa:confused::confused:

Some techs use mica powders but they need to be cosmetic grade. Have a search on eBay for the colour shack. Xx

there are so many things you can use with shellac, if you are looking for nail art and how to do it your best bet is do the shellac art and styles course, you would need shellac brings them back first xx

You are also better off using the search function in the top right hand corner. There have been soo many threads on this that people get fed up of repeating themselves.

Have a search and you will find out lots of helpful things about what people use, where they get them from and how they get the best results.

It saves clogging up the boards with already answered questions :)

hi and welcome
the most popular product used for nail art with shellac is nail foils at the moment

hi and welcome
the most popular product used for nail art with shellac is nail foils at the moment

I use far more glitter than I do foils. Techs may be buying more foil but clients love glitter.

I have so much foil and don't used it any where near as much as my huge collection of glitters x

Expensive??? I think they are very well priced!! If you do thin the are exspensive you could just get a few to start with and build up your collect? Ones like pink gold and green gold sparkle are very versatile. Another option are the glitter they are slightly cheaper and create amazing effect!!
Both products last a very long time as you only need a small amount! And you'll be giving your clients a premium nail art service therefore charging extra so for a few pounds for your supply's you making the money back very quickly!

Latest posts

Back