Shellac nail prep advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lozclark

Reaction score
Hello geeks please would you be able to give me a little advice on the best techniques and products to prep the nails before shellac application , I have been practicing and the shellac has been lifting and peeling easily within one to two days :( !

I am still training and have my friend over tomorrow for practice :)
But I want to do a good job.

thanks in advance
Lorna
X x

Hiya! Do you have all of your cnd nail prep products? Scrubfresh, cuticle away etc??

Do you use CND lamp? Other lamps may not cure Shellac properly.

Sent from my ME173X using SalonGeek mobile app

omg I see :(

I do not have a shellac lamp however it is a high powered one.

I do not use these products I was not completely clear that they were 100% essential however after reading up I think I do need some Scrub fresh
what is Cuticle away?
Thanks for the feedback!!!
L x

omg I see :(

I do not have a shellac lamp however it is a high powered one.

I do not use these products I was not completely clear that they were 100% essential however after reading up I think I do need some Scrub fresh
what is Cuticle away?
Thanks for the feedback!!!
L x

I also had the same lifting and chipping issues when I first started d.here is the steps I do now and most clients nails have no more issues.
File nail.
If using cuticle away to remove cuticle put it on and wait a minute before gently pushing the cuticle back.fingernailfixer has a very good video on how to remove cuticle.
Wash hands with soap and water to deactivate the cuticle away and remove and residue of it.
3:if there are any hangnails or large pieces of skin hanging carefully nip them off with cuticle nippers.
4:scrub the nail with cnd scrubfresh.each nail should be scrubbed for 5seconds.use a lint free pad and make sure to scru fresh the free edge and sidewalls.
5:base coat.applied VERY thin,almost scrubbed onto the nail.
6:colour coat x 2 applied thin
7:top coat.this mus be applied thin and cover ALL the colour or it wont last.
8:remove inhibition layer with nas99,and solar oil.

Cnds lamp should be used nd will give better result.good luck!

Thank you so much! :) that is extremely helpful and informative

I don't have the Cuticle away I have ordinary cuticle remover and o don't have scrub fresh but I will be purchasing

X x x

If you need an advice and inspiration check youtube fingernailfixer channel. It's full of video tutorials how to apply Shellac and fantastic nail art ideas.

Don't forget to seal nail free edge with base coat, Shellac colour and top coat. Apply all layers very thinly.

I hope it will help.
Good luck.

My CND trainer recommends fingernailfixer too :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

I've been offering shellac for two yrs plus now and touch wood never had a problem.

In order to apply shellac correctly it really is important to go on one of the CND shellac training courses. You can't actually buy genuine CND shellac unless you have passed the course.. And indeed if you are applying to paying customers you owe it to them to use the genuine article.

The fingernail fixer is great fir tips but again I'd invest in a genuine course first. I have had to deal with lots of clients nails who have been told they had shellac applied and it's not!! And there nails have been ruined .. Not a good advert for us professionals :/ and v time consuming for us therapist who've invested in the genuine article to put it right.

Hope this helps :)

cuticleaway is simply the best remover . . . it actually works! its a must buy x

Great, well loads to take on board from this.
I really think I need to do a Cnd shellac course. I have been able to purchase Cnd shellac the genuine article so I can safely say I am using It.
Also I like to think I'm not dis valuing shellac and other professionals by using it as I'm only practicing on friends and they know I'm practicing :) but obviously I want to make sure I'm doing it 100 percent properly

You can open an account with sweet squared with a manicure certificate, so you can buy genuine shellac without having done a course.

Oh great thanks :) I've managed to get shellac online also but good to know! X

Where have you purchased it from?

If it's not from Sweet Squared or one of our Distributor Partners (The Centre, Creative Academy Manchester or Ellisons) then chances are it's not genuine.

Get yourself registered with Sweet Squared and onto a class, honestly you will save yourself so much time, effort and money! Then you can crack on with creating gorgeous nails with a wonderful product!

Where have you purchased it from?

If it's not from Sweet Squared or one of our Distributor Partners (The Centre, Creative Academy Manchester or Ellisons) then chances are it's not genuine.

Get yourself registered with Sweet Squared and onto a class, honestly you will save yourself so much time, effort and money! Then you can crack on with creating gorgeous nails with a wonderful product!

Thank you.
I got it from Amazon UK. my friends a beauty therapist and told me it is genuine.

lol I know I am desperate to do a shellac course hun I just am struggling to afford things at the moment . I need to get on to one x

Thank you.
I got it from Amazon UK. my friends a beauty therapist and told me it is genuine.

Ok with all due respect nobody can tell you that for certain! Some of the fakes are pretty hard to tell from the real deal.

Asides from that, you know where to purchase the proper genuine product from so get that account up & running and take advantage of the great support and advice from the Squares!

You need to use the whole system inclusing the proper CND lamp- without using the complete system you will only ever encounter problems therefore losing money on wasted product not to mention time.

If finances are a factor then maybe hang fire until you can properly invest in yourself and you'll get off to a much stronger start.

I am really hoping they're not fakes now then . ;(
I've already bought two fake uv lamps online before having to buy one at salon services.
I feel really disheartened I can't seem to be able to afford to start up shellac properly . Maybe I will just Not Do it for a while until I can afford it. I haven't had much luck I can tell you that. Thanks for the advice x

I am really hoping they're not fakes now then . ;(
I've already bought two fake uv lamps online before having to buy one at salon services.
I feel really disheartened I can't seem to be able to afford to start up shellac properly . Maybe I will just Not Do it for a while until I can afford it. I haven't had much luck I can tell you that. Thanks for the advice x

Don't be disheartened! Honestly I think all of us have been in your shoes- it is hard getting started but my one piece of advice is always always always buy from a reputable supplier- you honestly get the best value that way.
CND Shellac was one of THE BEST decisions I ever made, you make your money back very quickly. Doing it the right way just saves a lot of heartache!
Give S2 a call, speak to them about the different packages that are available, get the information you need to move forward with a really awesome brand. You won't get that advice and support from anywhere else, as official suppliers they are the best ones to give you all that you need to rock it!

Plus there are some beauty shows coming up and there's always great deals to be had there!

Latest posts

Back