Shellac nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate.tea

Reaction score
I'm new to doing my own shellac nails and am struggling to get them to last. My curing lamp is an authentic cnd lamp and I believe the gel is authentic shellac too. Problem is it takes ages too cure and remains soft and peel able. I have decreased the amount of gel I'm applying, and prepare my nails before applying, I also use the 70%iso wipes to help remove the sticky residue.
I just need some tips as have spent a lot of money and don't think I have cut corners but the finished product is disappointing! Any tips greatly received :) xx

What you're describing sounds very much like a kit a friend of mine bought on EBay. Where did you get your kit?

When you say you believe the Gel is authentic, where have you bought it from?

The lamp I brought brand new from Amazon.
And I think the problem may be the gel as I brought it off eBay from a seller called nailsuppliesuk. I was really cautious with going with eBay but they have over 39000 ratings and all seemed positive. No one seemed to comment that the gel didn't cure :-(
I haven't left feedback as I spent nearly £30 on 2 gels so want to make sure I'm doing it correctly before I question the authenticity!

The only authorised distributors of CND Shellac in the UK is sweet squared and Ellison. Unless you buy from these companies you have no guarantee that you have authentic products or lamp.

What brand did you train with/what brand are you using?

In all honesty you have cut corners.
You are realising what happens when people buy from unauthorised distributors.
Amazon & eBay are not official suppliers for any beauty/nail supplies.

There is no way of telling if the products you bought are actually authentic or what their shelf life is (if it's been opened etc)
And if you attempt to use those products on a paying client and they have a reaction your insurance will not cover you.
And the fact that you bought it from where you did could be the reason you aren't getting the professional results you hoped for in regards to the problems you are having.

Sorry if I sound harsh but it's the truth

If you had to buy from Amazon I assume its because your not trained? They're is a lot of prep involved with shellac that you just won't be able to do with out the relevant training. If you really have a passion of nails i would do it the right way and get training.

The lamp I brought brand new from Amazon.
And I think the problem may be the gel as I brought it off eBay from a seller called nailsuppliesuk. I was really cautious with going with eBay but they have over 39000 ratings and all seemed positive. No one seemed to comment that the gel didn't cure :-(
I haven't left feedback as I spent nearly £30 on 2 gels so want to make sure I'm doing it correctly before I question the authenticity!

Hi I was thinking ebay too because there's no way your CND lamp would not cure ur gel nails as they are one of the best brands out there. Be very carful of those ebay sites. U will always get a great deal but the results are horrible. Better off buying from the recognised beauty and nail suppliers.

Last edited:
Also what brands are the polish

I am just doing this for myself I am not a professional I just decided to try it as I get frustrated as sometimes I can't find the colours I want at salons etc.
It's supposedly CND shellac field fox.
I have researched into doing a course with ellisons as think this will be my best option! I have no intention of gaining a qualification in order to do other ppls nails...I just like doing my nails...it's therapeutic!
Thanks for your comments

Hi just seen 5 this and thought I'd comment I bought a glaze n go off them a while back they swore it was authentic and when I raised the issue they said she don't know why as salons all over Ireland buy from them etc (I did only buy it to go over my colours on my colour pops so I wernt wasting my cnd but it looked really shiny as it should then within 24 hours was all dull and looked as though I hadn't even applied a topcoat . X

If I were you and just wanted to do my own nails, I'd find a nail tech who retails Vinylux. You can get the colour you want with topcoat for a fraction of the price of training and have it last 7 days. It removes with normal polish remover and it will give you a beautiful finish on your nails.

You can also be sure it's the genuine article this way. I would hate for you to have bought a product that might damage your nails in the future. There's a lot of pretenders out there.

Hope this is helpful

Hi,

i have recently just started to do shellac nails i have bought my products mostly from ellisons & captitalbeauty. however i did want to see the difference with an ebay "shellac colour" i ordered a white colour and when it arrived inside the bottle the colour was in fact yellow!! do not buy any of your products from ebay. Take a look at both of these suppliers!

hope this helps

Hi,

i have recently just started to do shellac nails i have bought my products mostly from ellisons & captitalbeauty. however i did want to see the difference with an ebay "shellac colour" i ordered a white colour and when it arrived inside the bottle the colour was in fact yellow!! do not buy any of your products from ebay. Take a look at both of these suppliers!

hope this helps

The best way to tell if a a CND shellac is a fake is by the smell - the fake smell awful, eggy and chemically x

Latest posts

Back