Shellac ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
How would I do ombre nails using shellac? Can I do it the same way as normal polish with a sponge? I've only got a couple of additives xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done it with a sponge and additives.. I would say it's easier with additives.

Shakira x

I've done it with a sponge and additives.. I would say it's easier with additives.

Shakira x

I haven't got the additive colours I need to do a certain design and I really wanna try it! Is it do-able with a sponge or is there a better way of doing it? X

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

I use gelish so I don't know if I'm any help, but I use sponge and it works perfectly...cx

Yes you could do it with a sponge, for example if you wanted a light to dark pink I would do 2 layers of cake pop curing each, then using a sponge I'd dab on pink bikini to create your ombre look and cure. Add more if wanted a cure and maybe some cake pop too making sure to do a full cure and that its not too thick when curing. Also making sure you clean any Shellac that may have got on to the skin before curing.

With additives its so much easier. Cure your shellac colour layers then take a small amount if additive and blend it down the nail. A lot quicker and less messy.

Xx

Latest posts

Back