Shellac on barely there nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat-Nat

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wondered if anyone has some advice for me? I love Shellac and so do loads of my clients, especially the ones with lovely long nails! However I struggle to keep it on clients who barely have any free edge! I feel like I cant seal it properly without ending up getting it everywhere? I know someone here will be able to assist with something so simple I am sure!!:Love:

Hi Nat Nat! I too sometimes have the same problem. Especially if the nails are particularly flat as well as short. So far Im yet to find a solution (if there is one) other than trying to put the shellac on even thinner than normal. I also explain to the client that it may be easier to chip and that once they grow up a little it will be fine.
Sorry this isn't much help but you're not alone in this :p
id be interested if someone else has a solution!
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

What i do i push back the tip of the finger as far as possible and seal then. You have to have your balance point position pretty spot on to do this though.

Remember those with no free edge wont be using their fingertips for typing tapping etc so are less likely to chip anyhow.

I'm the same... I push back the skin with my thumb to expose as much of the nail as possible and if the free edge is non existent, try flipping your brush around so the bristles face you and seal that way... This will avoid getting shellac on your client's skin.

HTHs

Others have suggested using a nail firm that you use for sculpting gels and acrylic x

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

I pull the fingertip away from the nail... if that doesn't work, I use a sculpting form :) xx

Thanks for the replies ladies will def watch the video when I get home to see! Glad I am not alone though! THanks for all the tips:Love:

What I do is swipe it across the end like in the video and then I have a orange wood stick that has more of a point but I have filed it so it isnt sharp, I thenn use this to scrape away the shellac that goes onto the finger and down the sides if needed as well before I cure. I cant work without one of these, it comes in handy for all sorts of stuff. x

Holly saves the day!:Love:

What I do is swipe it across the end like in the video and then I have a orange wood stick that has more of a point but I have filed it so it isnt sharp, I thenn use this to scrape away the shellac that goes onto the finger and down the sides if needed as well before I cure. I cant work without one of these, it comes in handy for all sorts of stuff. x

I do do this but I end up knocking it sometimes knocks the seal which means I go again :mad:

Latest posts

Back