Shellac on colour pop wheel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyWurly1986

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently trained in Shellac and I have a colour pop wheel I'd like to add colours too. I am aware base coat is not needed but regarding the top coat do I need to just buy a cheap topcoat suitable for LED lamps or do I use a non curing top coat? Sorry if I sound dim, just things are going to be different when done on plastic. Thanks :)

I just keep the last bits of any shellac top coat bottles and use them up on samples

I just keep the last bits of any shellac top coat bottles and use them up on samples

thank you. I only did the course yesterday so haven't got any topcoat nearly used. What should I buy; UV topcoat or a bog standard one you'd get from Boots?

thank you. I only did the course yesterday so haven't got any topcoat nearly used. What should I buy; UV topcoat or a bog standard one you'd get from Boots?
I would use the real shellac one. It doesn't take that much product really.
Clients really like feeling the smoothness of the samples and lots mention the fact that shellac is shinier than other brands they have tried.

I would use Shellac as well. It really doesn't take that much product and you know that it won't distort the colour.

If they are clear Just paint underneath then there’s no need for topcoat as the surface is shiny. x

May be silly question but do you cure the colour wheel or would it melt?

May be silly question but do you cure the colour wheel or would it melt?
Your lamp doesn't produce heat to enable it to melt plastic, we wouldn't be able to place hands in it if it were that hot.

Your lamp doesn't produce heat to enable it to melt plastic, we wouldn't be able to place hands in it if it were that hot.
Thanks for reply. just thought id check.

Latest posts

Back