Shellac on hairdressers nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Beauty

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Shellac lasts as well on hairdressers nails?

My colleague is used to having acrylic extensions, but now wants to grow her natural nails. Is Shellac going to be suitable in her line of work or are we both going to be disappointed with the results?

My hair stylist wears Blackpool Shellac and her nails are fantastically improved since she has been wearing Shellac. She could never seem to grow her nails before !

Now if your stylist's nails are in good condition after removing the enhancements, then she will not have any trouble growing her nails, but if they are in poor condition, then it may take 6-12 weeks of Shellac to grow them through. Work it! You can do it. It may not last as well to begin with if nails are weak, as Shellac does best on healthy nice nails .. Healthy nails are after all the nails Shellac was invented for. But at least with Shellac, there is no further weakening of the nails as you do not buff them ever.

My advice is use Shellac. If on damaged nails, Use an extra coat of top coat at first to add a bit more strength. Keep nails short and neat to begin with and until grown through and strong again. Her nails may look quite dehydrated in the first couple of months until the new unblemished surface comes through. You know what is happening under there ... No false expectations. She will be going through a process of re-growth. But persevering is the only way she will grow her nails without further damage and they will look nice while she is doing it.

That is the REAL answer ... No falsehoods, no silly claims ... Reality. The rest is up to her and regular use of SolarOil.

One of my clients is a hairdresser and her Shellac lasts 10days+ Her nails were in really good condition as she has always looked after them.

She does get the odd chip but she admits she sometimes forgets to wear gloves to wash up.
I tell my clients that Shellac will last as long as they look after their nails and regularly use Solar oil.People hear that it lasts 2 weeks and they think it's indestructible :rolleyes:

I also do hairdresser's nails and they have had no problems keeping Shellac on their nails. :)

Thank you ladies, I hoped this was going to be the answer as we are both Shellac lovers!

Geeg, that was almost exactly what I told her I thought would be the route we'd need to take. It's great realising I know more than I sometimes realise!! :D

Latest posts

Back