Shellac on plastic nail wheels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashell

Reaction score
hi all, i posted this allready a while ago but now have painted a 2nd nail wheel, but was told i didnt need to use the shellac base or top coat, so i just did 2x colour coats then i thought as i am just using a regular top coat i would need to wipe off the tacky layer, but it started to take the colour off???? so i stopped and then just applied the top coat over the tacky layer but it started to drag the colour and look a little messy,,,, any help would be great thanx x

Hi, I do the same. Leave the tacky layer on and 'float' the topcoat over it. That way, you don't have 'dragging'. HTH! :)

Hi, I do the same. Leave the tacky layer on and 'float' the topcoat over it. That way, you don't have 'dragging'. HTH! :)

thanks deanosnana, i will try going over a bit lighter. thankyou x:)

Another way if your wheel is a transparent one would be to flip the wheel over and shellac the concave side of it,
Then when you flip it back over you will see the plastic over it so no need for top coat.

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

or another way but maybe take abit longer,

if you have old top and base coats that have ran out if you use a smaller brush you can get right to the bottom and get quite a lot out of the bottom. i always save my empties for display Shellac :) that way you get the true colour and its nice and shiny on display x

Latest posts

Back