Shellac or MInx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snazzybiz

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I need some advice, I am currently trying to set up a mobile beauty business an want to introduce both shellac and Minx.
I don't think I can afford to get both yet and was all set to get my Minx at the beauty show but have seen that s2 are doing a shellac show offer but I need everything including the lamp as I only have a normal uv lamp.

I am now completely confused as to what to get first and what service would be most beneficial to introduce first.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks from a very confused geek !!!

Shellac......Its more wearable on a everyday basis IMO....MINX is amazing and I love it but its not for everyone...everyday. HTH

Shellac , you will make your money back on it quicker, and by the time summer hits your could start advertizing MINX toes to keep your treatment list it fresh and new,

I agree with Bagpuss, I totally love both Minx and Shellac, and being mobile myself I offer both. But if I had to choose it would be Shellac, it's far more popular for the ALL occasion on fingers and toes, whereas I find Minx is more popular on toes than fingers and more of an occasion service xxxx

id get the Shellac its taking off like a rocket!! and maybe just get silver and gold in minx! that wont cost you to much just geting 2 minx in! so that you have it just in case :) xx

I just ask clients to choose minx pattern from sweetsquared, then I order it in for my clients so no outlay :) so you can do both hth xx

I find with Shellac it is a all year round service where as Minx is a lot more popular during the holiday months.
Investing in both would be the ideal thing but if its just one then definitely Shellac first :hug:

I agree with the ladies above, people want pretty finger nails at the moment, rather than jazzy nails.

Minx does seem to be a more summer/party thing.

Buy the Shelac and get the retail minx cataloge,(no prices shown) they can flick through the cataloge with the hand you are not Shelacing and pick out their pretty feet minx ready for the warmer months. I've told my daughters friends that I need a £5 deposit per minx strip before I will order it, but that's because they are a young, ditzy bunch and I don't want to be left holding product that they've changed their minds about:lol:

Thanks for all your posts it's been a real help.
I am going to go for the shellac and save up for the minx. Hopefully won't be too long before I can do both :)
Thanks again x

Thanks for all your posts it's been a real help.
I am going to go for the shellac and save up for the minx. Hopefully won't be too long before I can do both :)
Thanks again x

Good idea! You've made the right choice I think. I'm sure it wont be long till you can do both. I have a feeling you'll get lots of new business from shellac and will be doing the minx in no time at all.

I've been doing shellac now for 6 months and am now introducing Minx to my services in March, along with the 12 new shellac colours being released! Can't wait! :lol:

I think Shellac appeals to a wider variety of clients and it's an all year round thing.
Where as MINX i find is more popular in seasonal times and for special occassions. It's only my younger clients that have it on reguarly due to all the designs and wanting them all!!

I would stock Shellac first, i have the MINX lamp and also keep a few of the MINX designs which i find are most popular and also have the MINX book which i show clients i always ask them to choose which design 7/10 days prior so i can order it in if i don't have it. You don't need to stock all designs if any, like suggested buy the book and a lamp and set it on a price list as you can order as you go along to start with.

Latest posts

Back