Shellac over Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaines

Reaction score
Is this normal or just lazy?
Had a new client come in yesterday and she was surprised that i removed the shellac and then reapplied her new set! She said her last salon just went straight over the top of the old colour :confused: she said at one point she had 5 colours on as she never took it off and didn't realise she had to ask for a removal! she obviously didn't cap the free edge either as the client said she looked at the edge of her nails and see all the different colours!!
Does any one else do this, wouldn't dream of doing this personally but just wondered what very one else thought!

Definitely not normal! Lol!

I agree very strange, would be interesting to know if they were on the CND Salon Finder? It's against CND Protocol too, I would imagine not very pleasing to the eye let alone the curing problems it could cause. Begs the question how do you remove the cuticle growing up the nail plate? :) xx

There's a salon in my area that does this too...They actually tell clients it's the correct procedure and that the nail should 'start to look like a false nail, and the layers give added strength'... One of my friends used to go there until I trained in nails and the first time I did her nails she was baffled as to why I was removing the old colour...once I explained what I was doing and why she was mortified she had been duped into believing their crazy policies and had been paying for their laziness!!!

I've never heard of this before!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bet it looked lovely! 😳 wonder how removal went too! Xx

It's half a job isn't it! I had a lady come to me who told me they just buffed over and reapplied shellac and I told her although I use gelish I'm sure this is not the correct steps for shellac it's just lazy x

That is an idle way to go on and not proper procedure at all for Shellac.

It's meant to be removed each time and re applied.

It really does my head in. So many places offering either fake products or improper practices or unhygienic procedures, :eek: how are the general public meant to know what's right and what's not?

Shame on you whoever you are:evil:

and charging £20 too!! very lazy and like i said the client just didn't have a clue this was wrong!

Wow! Those clients will eventually have beautiful, healthy & strong nails like these..

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393251779.349985.jpg

Soo jealous :(

In our area, we're hearing stories of clients having their Shellac "filled." Electric files (drills) are used to smooth the re-growth, to buff the shine and etch the surface of the existing polish, then the new color is applied.:Scared:

Seriously after all that, why not just soak off and reapply?

It only takes 10 mins to take off! I'd hate doing people's nails like that, I'm a perfectionist and it would really annoy me if I couldn't do all my steps x

In our area, we're hearing stories of clients having their Shellac "filled." Electric files (drills) are used to smooth the re-growth, to buff the shine and etch the surface of the existing polish, then the new color is applied.:Scared:

Seriously after all that, why not just soak off and reapply?

Exactly!

And save the nails all that trauma by not using the drill/file (which after all is one of the main selling points of Shellac!!)

I work in South Africa so moved from London and I had a client from Austria come with gelish and want me to do a manicure and full. I said sorry it must soak off and be re applied. Her English was bad so I started to buff top layer (gelish u buff shellac u can just soak) she started yelling in broken English no u don't ever take off just out more. U don't know what u doing.
These nails looked as thick as acrylic and were disgusting ! I would probably have had to soak for half hour if she ever let me soak off.
End off story I told her I refuse to and just painted them.
So this poor client was in correctly informed by her therapist! Makes me sad to hear or realize good products being used badly which gives the product bad name!!

I work in a salon at the moment that offers "infills" for shellac. I'm self employed and refuse to offer this. Its awful and takes ages to come off when they eventually do have them removed. Makes me sad.

It's so lazy. First thing I do is put nourishing remover and wraps on then we go over what colour she wants, if she wants a drink. By the time that's done they're ready to remove. Can't believe people do this x

I occasionally go over with an extra layer on my own nails if I haven't got time to them and want them to go an extra day.
I would never charge and go over a clients like this though, it would look terrible for one and with my own I find they lift a bit the next day anyway.
Isn't it unbelievable what some salons will do and the general public have no idea!!!

I work in a salon at the moment that offers "infills" for shellac. I'm self employed and refuse to offer this. Its awful and takes ages to come off when they eventually do have them removed. Makes me sad.

How the hell do you "in fill" shellac!!!

Latest posts

Back