Shellac pedicure and excessive heat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn mignon

Reaction score
I have searched the forum but can't find anything about this. I have a client who comes to me for a shellac pedicure before going on holiday which isn't often, but the first time she had a french pedicure and it lasted many weeks whilst she was abroad. This year I did a colour shellac and she went to India for a month. She says after 5 days they all 'bubbled up' from the cuticle area and came off. They were all consistent so not the odd nail. She asked if it could have been the excessive heat ie > 35 degrees - she was on and off the beach in her footwear but said there was also a lot of sand on her toes. In addition she was using bio-oil which I know can be used successfully with Shellac if a client doesn't have the solar oil. Does anyone have any pointers or had clients where this has happened? I am fully aware that sun and chlorine can effect the colour but I haven't come across this lifting issue, especially on toes!

Mosquito repellent? That's the biggest culprit when on holiday in high heat/high humidity areas. Many people spray it on and don't think about protecting their mani and pedi. DEET is an excellent solvent lol!

Maybe Medication like Malaria tablets.

Mosquito repellent? That's the biggest culprit when on holiday in high heat/high humidity areas. Many people spray it on and don't think about protecting their mani and pedi. DEET is an excellent solvent lol!

I have to second this, sounds like Deet could be the culprit xx

Latest posts

Back