Shellac pedicure foot soak order

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetie44

Reaction score
Hi. I have been doing shellac pedicures for over 2 years now and was always under the understanding that the foot should not be soaked until AFTER the polish had been applied ( due to the water swelling the nail bed). This was confirmed by a few on this website when I posted on here) Today however when visiting the cnd.com website the step by step pedicure indicates you can foot soak prior to pep and polish. I am so confused. It would be a lot easier if I could soak the feet before, but I'm scared in case it has an adverse affect on the polish longevity. Was thinking of ringing sweet squared to clarify, but does anyone know for sure? What do you guys do? Thanks.x

Ooh, I thought same as you. I usually soak at the end, interesting. Off to look at cnd website now

Hi

I always soak the feet after shellac as I was under the same impression as you that the shellac's wearability could be affected if soaked before. Xx

Where I work we soak do pedi then scrubfresh and shellac and have been doing for ages and no problem! We skip the massage bit until after the shellac though.

Latest posts

Back