Shellac Purple Purple?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwnails

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased shellac ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407177855.802525.jpgpurple purple from s2 I've applied it to my own nails this evening and it's in no way purple?? It's positively blue... Have I missed something or do I have a dodgy bottle?

Looks odd to me? Purple purple is like cadburys purple! That's to me anyways!

That's what I was expecting! Will contact S2 and see what they say Tomorrow.

I do like that blue though!

Yeah it's a nice colour! Just I was expecting purple... Thankful not on a client!

My purple purple is almost blue. Noone has ever chosen it. I just thought I had a warped idea of what purple should look like, mine is definitely not like a cadbury purple!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just a thought though...have you tried mixing the bottle? My ruby ritz was hardly glittery until I mixed it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine is more than blue than purple too but it's quite popular especially in the winter x

Purple Purple is one of those colors that can look different in different lights. it's blue it some and purple in others. Still a gorgeous color!

I would say it is purple but the sheen is blue. You know how iced coral is coral but you catch the green in the light? That kinda thing if you know what I mean. I also found that grape gum was darker than I thought it would be x

My purple purple vinylux is blue aswell :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1407182413509.jpg
    1407182413509.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 663
Everyone always chooses purple purple and says 'That blue one' lol, then I tell them the name and they're shocked! It does look blue but I agree, it can also look different depending on the light.

The same happens to me as OASISnails but clients always go ahead with it and love it. It's such a popular colour for my clients, looks amazing with Periwinkle Twinkle additive.

Karaxxx

This is my purple purple. I would say it is Cadbury purple, not sure it's all that different to yours though, maybe have a look in daylight and see if it seems more purple ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407188854.682545.jpg

I have noticed that my new bottle is defo more blue than it used to be even after a good shake it is very different to the colour on the chart !

My vinylux is a stunning Cadbury purple. But my shellac is not as nice strange .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is my CND Purple Purple Shellac. Def purple x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1407276990578.jpg
    1407276990578.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 388
I've just bought and opened a new bottle yesterday and it's exactly the same as my old bottle, purchased at least 1yr ago.

Karaxxx

Mine is 100% blue. I show clients the official cnd chart and they choose the 'purple' then I have to explain it's not actually that purple and show them my own swatch. They always say UGH NO THANKS.

Latest posts

Back