Shellac regrowth after 7-10 days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
I'm currently only doing my own nails (due to personal n financial circumstances), but I'm finding I'm having to reshellac my nails after @10days, sometimes as little as 7!

I could of course leave them longer, but the regrowth is quite noticeable.

Does anyone elses nails grow this fast, am I doing any harm reshellacing after this short a time?

A bit of background, I wore enhancements for a couple of years until I found shellac. My own nails were very weak, brittle and bendy, but since using shellac, they are 'as tough as old boots'!

I'm a reformed nail biter, could this be a reason?

I'm a reformed nailbiter too but now I don't bite my nails grow quite quickly, so I find after 14 days with Shellac on, they're really ready for a new application. Remember nails grow quicker in summer too.

Same here. I stopped biting about 7 years ago and mine have grown so quickly ever since! I'm sure it won't do you any harm, as long as you are removing properly.

aah, not just me then :D

removing as normal with d'solve for 10mins, 12 if rockstar. But I'm not wasting my wraps on myself, I cut cotton wool pads and use silver foil :D

Thing is, doing them every 7-10days I run out of inspiration lol. I sit looking at my bare nails, thinking mmmmm ?? :D

My nails are exactly the same. I've never bitten my nails and wore enhancements for about a year purely because I like being pampered but soon stopped when I saw what they were doing to my natural nail! I love love love shellac and find that my nails grow very fast, they always have but I've obviously never realised just how fast until wearing shellac. It's more noticeable with dark colours. Having said that I've got hardly any regrowth at the moment and ive had shellac on for a week now. I've had a 2 month break because of a medication I was on making my nail weak and split. Got fed up so put it back on. Had no chips or anything either which I thought I would have with them being so weak!

aah, not just me then :D

removing as normal with d'solve for 10mins, 12 if rockstar. But I'm not wasting my wraps on myself, I cut cotton wool pads and use silver foil :D

Thing is, doing them every 7-10days I run out of inspiration lol. I sit looking at my bare nails, thinking mmmmm ?? :D

Have a look at the Shellac Lovers Group - bags of inspiration there lol x

You can dry them out removing so often so just make sure that you are using solar oil upto 4 times a day to make sure they rehydrate or after a few months you may find your nails becoming really dry.
Also there is no harm doing a warm oil soak every month just to help rehydrate them.
Jen xxx

Hi
New to this how do I find groups on here like the shellac lovers group etc
Thanks in advance x

I have returning shellac clients who are faithful every 14 days I have found after awhile the nails do start to look dry so what I do is once a month I spend a little more pamper time I remove the shellac, oil, massage, and paraffin dip. I find that it truly helps now if you do this you need to make sure you scrub fresh extra well especially in the side walls. Seems to hydrate well... Best of luck to you..

Latest posts

Back